7d mark ii - Poor color rendition?

mikoh4792

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen some pictures shot with this camera online and they seem to very nice, however I am reading a few posts here saying that this camera is bad with color rendition. Can anyone elaborate?

Dxo is very scientific in its reviews or sensor tests. There are often questions as to how accurate the results are vs real Fay to day usage.

The 7d2 is getting terrific reviews almost everywhere. There is a performance gap in sensors between different companies at the moment with Canon sensors scoring low in dynamic range but high in noise control at higher iso. What one works better for you depends on style of shooting but most dslrs are capable of very fantastic photos

The design of the Bayer array can be done in such a way as to favor high ISO performance at the expense of color discrimination. I don't know if that's what was done here or not, but it's certainly a theory.

although doesn't give user experience:

user experience is subjective.

not being able to achieve DR above 12EV is not.

The D3330 rates much from 100-800ISO than the 7D Mii.

Last edited:
^^ as said Nikon sensors rate higher in dynamic range than Canon at lower iso. That's pretty much agreed everywhere, what matters is how much this effects your style of shooting, and the fact that Canon sensors are apparently better at high iso, which would indicate Nikon is better at one thing, Canon at another

Objective: The 7D Mii does high ISO no better than the cheapest current Nikon, nor the D7100.
Subjective: I've looked at high ISO 7D mii shots and I'm thoroughly unimpressed.
Completely false: Canons are better for high ISO.

Last edited:
I've seen some pictures shot with this camera online and they seem to very nice, however I am reading a few posts here saying that this camera is bad with color rendition. Can anyone elaborate?

Maybe trust what you see and not what you read?

although doesn't give user experience:

user experience is subjective.

not being able to achieve DR above 12EV is not.

The D3330 rates much from 100-800ISO than the 7D Mii.

Objective: The 7D Mii does high ISO no better than the cheapest current Nikon, nor the D7100.
Subjective: I've looked at high ISO 7D mii shots and I'm thoroughly unimpressed.
Completely false: Canons are better for high ISO.

I shoot Nikon as well, it's ok if Canon does something better. Dxo will always comfort you. They also day a d610 is better at high iso than a Canon 6d. Ya right

Trust what you see?

Ho ho ho. What you see is almost entirely a construct of the brain. It is therefore notoriously inaccurate and reflects prejudices and preconceptions more than reality.

I shoot Nikon as well, it's ok if Canon does something better. Dxo will always comfort you. They also day a d610 is better at high iso than a Canon 6d. Ya right

it would be completely okay if it were true. I don't care whatsoever.

I'm on pixelpeeper right now looking at high ISO shots from the 6D. I'm seriously dying from laughter. So great. I get to go home with a smile now. what a great x-mas gift.

Last edited:
Well happy Christmas then, my good deed for the day :)

Trust what you see?

Ho ho ho. What you see is almost entirely a construct of the brain. It is therefore notoriously inaccurate and reflects prejudices and preconceptions more than reality.

My doctor says that I shouldn't entertain the voices in my head; so if the voices in my head are now things on the screen then surely I should be destroying them - and ooh I've got a shiny ban button that destroys things!!

it would be completely okay if it were true. I don't care whatsoever.

I'm on pixelpeeper right now looking at high ISO shots from the 6D. I'm seriously dying from laughter. So great. I get to go home with a smile now. what a great x-mas gift.

Lets just try and make it through Christmas without a Canon VS Nikon war shall we. I'm sure we adults can debate the various merits of each system without resorting to stupidity.

^^ fairly sure it was all light hearted enough. If I was rude delete my post. Thanks

Naws no one did anything wrong *just being preemptive ;)*

Most reactions

Back