7D mark II rumours ?

Well that's great. Except it doesn't have the same pixel count... OP estimate of stats says 24 MP. So it is not a typical full frame with edges chopped off. Which would be more like 10 MP.
Nobody's gonna buy a 10MP camera for more than pocket change, period. That's marketing suicide. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not to use to take pictures.
Thought we were discussing what *could* be done. There's a 36MP Nikon full frame. Scaled down that would be 18-24MP. I suspect 18MP DSLRs would sell (given that they do)

Gavjenks said:
@Derrel, 6d doesn't cost $1900.

I got mine for $2300 including a lens that sells like hotcakes on ebay for at least $650 used, probably more if you can say you've never used it. Thus the 6D costs $1650 at most. And you can be liquidated and at that price with your bank account if you want within a week. Just consider the 24-105mm kit lens as a $250 instant rebate.

$1650 + $550 ("five to six hundred") = $2200, AKA exactly the guess price of the 7D Mk II in the opening post.

You are right..the 6D is $1,799 today, after the $100 Canon Instant Rebate has been deducted. Let's call it, "One thousand eight hundred dollars".
Canon EOS-6D DSLR Camera Body 8035B002

And with the $100 rebate deducted, the 6D + Canon 24-105-L zoom is $2,399. Let's call it ,"Two thousand four hundred dollars."

Canon Canon 6D Digital SLR Cameras | Buy, Compare & Review | Adorama

Let's look at the ACTUAL, current, retail prices of the equipment as "the price"...not some back-alley deal or some fly-by-night one-day-only, web-order price that "one guy" got "one day" after "waiting for six months to buy the godd**ned thing."

If you're willing to pay $2200 for a 7D MK ii why not throw in the extra few hundred and get the 5D MK III?

You got that right !!!!!!!!!

Well that's great. Except it doesn't have the same pixel count... OP estimate of stats says 24 MP. So it is not a typical full frame with edges chopped off. Which would be more like 10 MP.
Nobody's gonna buy a 10MP camera for more than pocket change, period. That's marketing suicide. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not to use to take pictures.
Thought we were discussing what *could* be done. There's a 36MP Nikon full frame. Scaled down that would be 18-24MP. I suspect 18MP DSLRs would sell (given that they do)

Actually, a D800 shot in crop mode is 12 Mp. Sorry.

It will be availble next week !

Ok, but really the impotant question, will it have a bottle opener.

Alright, you laugh but Pepsi is bringing back the glass bottle, and believe me nothing is better than an ice cold pepsi in a glass bottle. So if they've got a bottle opener in there I might be convinced to switch.. lol

Megga ditto on glass coke and pepsi bottle. !!!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back