7D Mk ii - JacaRanda lets see it.

Snerd, I'm ready to fill up a couple of cards too, but it won't be with landscape stuff, that will have to wait until Tuesday. Got two days of football to shoot this weekend, H.S. and College.

If Jaca, were closer and would let me, I'd give that Mark II a go at night with an 70-200mm f/4 and see what it can really do. lol

ok, after reading this, I definitely want one, like now!:) too bad I still have to wait and save up some money.
JacaRanda, the images are great. could you tell me more about tracking system compared to 60D?
thanks!
Yuliya

ok, after reading this, I definitely want one, like now!:) too bad I still have to wait and save up some money.
JacaRanda, the images are great. could you tell me more about tracking system compared to 60D?
thanks!
Yuliya

Thanks Yuliya - Keep in mind, the photos I posted have not been processed other than my normal Lightroom presets I have set upon import.

There really is no comparison between the two camera's tracking systems. In AI servo the 60d required me to keep either the manually selected single focus point on the subject while panning/tracking, or just somewhere within the 9 focus points if auto focus point is selected (not good with busy backgrounds). The 7dmkII is much more forgiving; 65 focus points, different clusters of them can be selected, and you can fine tune the AI servo tracking.

Your keeper rate should increase significantly. See for yourself.

Watch: Canon EOS 7D Mark II's Amazing Autofocus at Work Through the Viewfinder - Softpedia

Thank you. It was interesting. Would love to see the shots that came out of that experiment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back