7D question

user3977

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im wondering about the kit lens with this camera. i see everyone posting that if you get a 7D you need L glass. but my question is how is the kit lens?

Which lens do they use as a 'kit' lens for this camera?

I see it with the 15-85mm or the 18-135mm.
I don't know much about either lens.

I've also heard that it's important to use high quality glass with a camera like the 7D, but the same is also true of any of the new APS-C sensor bodies because they have so many pixels (photosites).

It should probably be said that 'to get the most out of a camera like that' you'd need high quality glass. You can still shoot with 'normal' quality lenses, and probably be quite happy with it.

I shoot the 7D with the canon 50 1.4 and the 10-22 - of which neither are L lenses. I am very happy with both lenses. The 50 1.4 took some time for me to get used to, especially since it was my first prime.

I have been studying both buyer reviews and standard reviews of lenses. I believe one needs to do this and then ask additional questions such as you are doing here. Then make a decision for yourself.

*I used the kit lens on a different camera, I did not like much about it at all. I gave it away, I was afraid to charge someone for it.

im just asking, you would figure a flagship camera of the 7D caliber would have a good lens out of the box for what your buying.

im just asking, you would figure a flagship camera of the 7D caliber would have a good lens out of the box for what your buying.

Flagship? I thought the flagship (which is the be all, end all of the camera line) for Canon is the 1D series. The 7D is actually 2 series below the 1D.

Full frames get good glass
Crop cameras get kit crap

Flagship? I thought the flagship (which is the be all, end all of the camera line) for Canon is the 1D series. The 7D is actually 2 series below the 1D.

Full frames get good glass
Crop cameras get kit crap

i used flagship meaning the crop line. it seems like everyone with a crop sensor looks up to the 7D from reading forums.

Most reactions

Back