7d2 stuff

............. It is all moot now anyway, I have found the perfect solution, the Nikon D810, I'm going to buy it right now :allteeth:
Are you serious?! From all I've read and heard, that's a F A N T A S T I C camera!!

Well, for a Nikon, anyway. :clap:

............. It is all moot now anyway, I have found the perfect solution, the Nikon D810, I'm going to buy it right now :allteeth:
Are you serious?! From all I've read and heard, that's a F A N T A S T I C camera!!

Yup, he went for the camera maker that he read was not as good in low light and high iso performance like Canons, which were factors more suited for his type of photography. Ooopsie.:Clown:

I watched that Scott Kelby love-fest, all 59 minutes of it last night. The SOOC 2.7 MB JPEG file from the Tennessee football game in BLINDING light at ISO 640 and 1/1000 shows LOW-resolution. Same thing with the Eli manning/NY Giants shot they printed: ISO 1,000, at 1/1000 second, with a 400/2.8-L lens,another LOW detail shot.

Just LOOK at the images: there's no fine detail whatsoever. He mentions "low noise, low noise", but the fine detail sucks...it's utterly absent.

A two-month pre-prder period for this thing? Canon has had years, then months, to get some production up for a release. This is NOT the way Canon releases a landmark model...the Photokina premiere, then the basically two-month wait time, with STRICT control over the release of actual samples? I have serious doubts about how this camera is going to fare once it is released. Maybe the RAW captures when converted will be great. I hope so, because the few samples I have seen are NOT that impressive.

Canon doesn't even have its OWN RAW converter yet? So all we here is, "These are all straight out of camera JPEG files," does not compute either. This type of image quality with a 400/2.8 would not cut the mustard for birding or wildlife.

Is it supposed to be a "landmark model"? It's not much of an upgrade to my 7D1, and I know plenty of folks not happy about the ho-hum sensor after waiting so long for something comparable to the newer Sony sensors.

Yup, he went for the camera maker that he read was not as good in low light and high iso performance like Canons, which were factors more suited for his type of photography. Ooopsie.:Clown:

Yes, I did further research on the basis of your initial post and because admittedly my information was old. I needed to make sure and found out that in fact now both the Nikon D750 and D810 are much better suited to me than the Canons. At that point it became a no brainer.

Messages Boards are wonderful things, we exchange information and ideas, we become more knowledgeable, we extend our minds' parameters and... Make better camera purchases.

I refuse to buy it. I hear they're coming out with the 7D mk III soon and I hate owning obsolete gear. I'm holding out a while longer. ;-)

Should be here 4th quarter of 2019!!!

Yes, I did further research on the basis of your initial post and because admittedly my information was old. I needed to make sure and found out that in fact now both the Nikon D750 and D810 are much better suited to me than the Canons. At that point it became a no brainer.

Messages Boards are wonderful things, we exchange information and ideas, we become more knowledgeable, we extend our minds' parameters and... Make better camera purchases.

Enjoy! I absolutely love my D800. Just make sure you get some good quality cards, and a lot of them!

Just LOOK at the images: there's no fine detail whatsoever. He mentions "low noise, low noise", but the fine detail sucks...it's utterly absent.

I just clicked the full size images, the image detail is disappointing to say the least.

I honestly think the noise looks a lot worse than my D600 at a much higher level.

I'm thinking his 1.4x is a junk piece of plastic.

I don't think the 7d m2 high ISO performance gonna be much difference from the 70D. I'm really disappointed in my 70D ISO performance.

Which camera?! But yeah, I've been told that since all of the newer technology is coming out, what we have now sucks. And has always sucked! They will now no longer make good images!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Which camera?! But yeah, I've been told that since all of the newer technology is coming out, what we have now sucks. And has always sucked! They will now no longer make good images!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

That is 100% true, so you should send me your "junk" and go get new gear.

I am 100% convinced the camera will SUCK. Thank goodness for choices and passion.

Can't tell if you are being serious or not...

I find it very suspicious that this camera is being given a two-month pre-order period, and that "final, production" images are not yet available for a camera that has been six years in the making. I find it highly unorthodox that Canon has no raw converter software available yet. Both Canon and Nikon have each had disastrous camera launches of dud products: Nikon first with the D2h, then Canon a few years later with the bad-focusing 1D Mark III. I'm tired of these excuses: It's pre-production. All these were shot JPEG, there's no way I can convert RAWs. The final camera will be better.

I am starting to wonder about this camera's actual performance capabilities. Something seems just "wrong" about how this thing has been under wraps to such an extent. This thing is supposed to be out in November. Soooo--let's see what it can REALLY do, damnit!

A member on the Canon forum says dpp is relevant for the 7d2 now, and has done 7d vs 7d2 comparison maintaining 1/2 to 2/3 stop improvement in iso. Not sure how scientific the comparison is

Most reactions

New Topics

Back