$8,000 to spend? What would you get?

Hit some of the CreativeLive on-line seminars...pretty cool...and FREE to watch, $99 for three-day, 18-hour recordings you download, both high-rez and mobile-device sized files...it ain't Vegas, but they do have some pretty cool educational seminars...

I checked this out, looks cool. I am a little confused why it says pre order for $150 but its free to watch live. If you pre order it does it allow you to keep the videos and watch whenever you want?

Hit some of the CreativeLive on-line seminars...pretty cool...and FREE to watch, $99 for three-day, 18-hour recordings you download, both high-rez and mobile-device sized files...it ain't Vegas, but they do have some pretty cool educational seminars...

I checked this out, looks cool. I am a little confused why it says pre order for $150 but its free to watch live. If you pre order it does it allow you to keep the videos and watch whenever you want?
Yep!
AND the seminars on CL are put on by photog's who are the top in their field. There are a few that aren't good teachers, but overall I don't think I have had one that wasn't a GOOD seminar. They're all worth investing in!!!

Why would I buy it if I can watch it for free live? Am I missing something?

Why would I buy it if I can watch it for free live? Am I missing something?
I generally don't buy them, but it's also not very convenient to always watch live... Having to watch at your leisure is one hell of a great perk and worth the investment.

You can get olde H3D-39's for under 8k..

$8,000 tacos at Del Taco. Haha, I'd get the Canon 70-200 mk II, Tamron 24-70 VC HSM, Canon 100-400, Canon 7D, and a hard waterproof housing. This is what I'll be saving for in the future to photograph surfers on the beach in Oceanside. I can profit so much there if I work hard at it :)

I meant 8,000 taco, stupid $ sign lol

Really depends on what you're looking to do with your photography.

If you're just a hobbyist, I would probably sell off the t2i for extra money since it's not like you're covering events where it's do or die with getting pictures such as at a wedding.

I personally would be gunning for a full frame, but if you are spending 4k and not the 8, that might eat up most your budget.

Good luck with your ventures either way you go.

And I too am a Hatch WRX owner, 2010. Love this car

$DSC_0003.jpg

Really depends on what you're looking to do with your photography.

If you're just a hobbyist, I would probably sell off the t2i for extra money since it's not like you're covering events where it's do or die with getting pictures such as at a wedding.

I personally would be gunning for a full frame, but if you are spending 4k and not the 8, that might eat up most your budget.

Good luck with your ventures either way you go.

And I too am a Hatch WRX owner, 2010. Love this car

View attachment 24589

2010 is so much nicer! love the spoiler and the vf52 turbo!

mine is stage 2 though :D

2010 is so much nicer! love the spoiler and the vf52 turbo!

mine is stage 2 though :D

Yeah I would have been a little pissed at Subie if I bought a 2008 and in 2009 they did those upgrades. I just got mine about a year ago. I really wanted a Moonroof and the STI's did not come with one in the Hatch from what I have heard. The 2011 wide bodies were sweet but I got a really good deal on my car and decided the extra $$ wasn't worth it.

I have stage 1 and was planning on stage 2 until someone stole my Cobb accessport :madass:

I recently purchased all new camera gear, and spent just over $4,000. I got a Nikon D800, a Nikkor 50mm 1.8, a Sigma 28-300mm 3.5, SB-700 flash, 128 gb compact flash and SD cards, and a set of reflectors. I bought all of this new.

That said, if you're just a hobbyist, you don't need a D800.

Most reactions

Back