90-300mm f4.5-5.6

upper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm having trouble with this lens, for some reason when i go to 300mm, its REALLY hard to take sharp picture unless i'm in full sun, which THEN i still need a lens hood, because the picture gets screwed up from the sun up top. once the shutter speed goes above 1/250, its impossible for me to take a shot.

any recommendation? any exercise or something you guys do to keep the camera steady? even the cheap tripod i have shake when its at 300mm.

help please.

What brand is the lens? What body are you using it on?

It's normal to have difficulties with camera shake using a long telephoto.

once the shutter speed goes above 1/250, its impossible for me to take a shot.
I assume you mean below or slower than 1/250. That's about normal. Generally speaking, if the inverse of your shutter speed is slower than your focal length, you need a tripod to keep it steady. If you're still getting camera shake using a tripod, it's probably from just pressing the shutter button, or possibly even the breeze on a windy day. At long focal lengths, even the slightest nudge will cause camera shake.

Never heard of that lens before "90-300mm"? What brand lens is that and how old? Does it have any type of image stabilization?

Never heard of that lens before "90-300mm"? What brand lens is that and how old? Does it have any type of image stabilization?

its a canon, its EF, so its pretty old i guess? no image stabilization. and i gotta add the "crop factor" too because i'm using an XSI.

okay, i guess i'll sell it somewhere. does anybody know what lens i should get for like 120$? used is okay as long as there's no scratch on glass.

Most reactions

Back