94 year old neighbor

WONDERFUL!!!!! thats all i can really say. did u take any shots with different angles at all. i think its perfect how it is, i just love the guy so much i want to see more pictures of it!

WONDERFUL!!!!! thats all i can really say. did u take any shots with different angles at all. i think its perfect how it is, i just love the guy so much i want to see more pictures of it!

Yes, I will get some up today.

Thanks for the comments everyone. And to whomever pointed out that it needs rotated....I never noticed till you said it, but you are right. I cannot believe it, I have looked at this photo hundreds of times and missed it every time.

Derrick

These are untouched other than resizing. I had some other angles, but they are so soft and focus is off so far, that I would be embarrassed to show them.
usable.jpg

usable2.jpg

usable3.jpg

This shot is so sincere to me, something about it warms the heart.

I think it's a great shot. The B&W conversion gives it a deeper feeling from the original in color and the cropping is ok to me.

Wonderful shot....brings back memories of my Grandfather...touching....thank you

Reminds me of my grandfather as well. He passed away 13 years ago today. The original one posted is the best, but might shave a bit off the right. The B&W conversion might could use a boost in contrast, but is definitely the one to go with.

Thanks for sharing.

Montana
I wouldn't do a THING to this image...
EXCEPT...
Enlarge it to XX by XX and put it on CANVAS...
and give it - free/gratis to the gentleman's grand-family...
You have captured HISTORY
Jedo

I can honestly say I don't know anything technical about photography, but I know what I like when I see it, and I love the original picture you posted. The old neighbor just seems to be the quintessential grandfather who refuses to stop doing the yard work. That’s what I see. Good Job!

Montana
I wouldn't do a THING to this image...
EXCEPT...
Enlarge it to XX by XX and put it on CANVAS...
and give it - free/gratis to the gentleman's grand-family...
You have captured HISTORY
Jedo

Like the idea so much Jedo that I have a print and frame coming for him. Hope he likes it. He has no family in our town.

love the first posted photo. Can we give props to photogenic neighbors?

Maybe do a little more work on the B&W conversion, seems a little muddy to me..

But, other than that, superb shot.

Most reactions

Back