Wow!!! :thumbup:

Meysha said:
ok wow. I really don't understand this photo. It's awesome and everything. But it looks like the earth is moving around the biker!
Is the background all motion blurred because it was infact you moving the camera? And the biker is in focus because the camera is just intelligent and new to keep the infocus bit not blurry? I'm really confused!

But all I can say is just WOW! This is an amazing photo.

He probably preset the focus on the distance required. Then as the biker rode by he kept him in the viewfinder, moving the camera along with him as he went. This allows the rider to stay in focus, and the ground to appear to be moving, because the camera and bike were essentially moving the same speed.

Its a great example because it's really difficult to move the camera smoothly enough to get such a clear shot. Hope that helps.

Great motion. I know how hard this is. In fact, I was viewing a set of photos today taken by a co-worker at a race track, and they were not sharp. Kudos. The angled composition is very nice as well :)

Thanks so much to everyones kind words on this, it's all quite inspiring :hugs:

I'll post a more in-depth discussion in the "how-to" section for those with questions rather than type a novel here ;)

This was closer to what I imagined!

mypic35.JPG

Bike of Luciano Pedercini, an entry in the World Superbike Championship, photo taken at Philip Island March 2005

PS loved your shot, most of my pan experiments have been a total flop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back