9999999999999999 dose not = 1!!!!!!!!!!!

core_17 said:
Hehe...well I was talkin about nerds in general. :p

My boyfriend is a nerd...he still plays Dungeons and Dragons.

soooo you meant this kind of nerds.... lol :) hehehheh

I am a math nerd.

I double major in clarinet performance and recording arts. The recording degree requires lots of Electrical Engineering classes.

Like joe said, 0.999999 repeating to infinity does equal 1. The simple proof is to take 1/3 = 0.333333...

3*(1/3)=0.3333...+0.3333...+0.3333...=0.9999...
3(1/3) also equals 1, so 0.9999... = 1.

Thus, 0.999999 repeating infinitely many times becomes one.

If you know calculus, then you can also see for yourself that:
mathproof2.gif

BTW...
Rob said:
You can't mix real and imaginary numbers in that way and get a meaningful answer. There's no such number as infinity minus one.

Rob
There are no imaginary numbers in this problem. I suspect you're confusing imaginary numbers with irrational numbers.

core_17 said:
Hehe...well I was talkin about nerds in general. :p

My boyfriend is a nerd...he still plays Dungeons and Dragons.

I love playing Dungeons and Dragons..it's an MMORPG game..i love playing those games..

monicam said:
27614_ddonline.jpg

screenshot of Dangeons and Dragons Online

:p

Yeah...I'm not talking about a computer game. I'm talking about a group of 26 year old guys getting together in Aarron's parent's basement every Sunday night and rolling dice and acting like nerds. I sat in on a session one night. Erik (my nerd..er..boyfriend) is one of the nerdiest, I think.
Oh, and before you all think I'm slammin my boyfriend...he too, will tell you the same. He brags about how nerdy he is all the time.

core_17 said:
Yeah...I'm not talking about a computer game. I'm talking about a group of 26 year old guys getting together in Aarron's parent's basement every Sunday night and rolling dice and acting like nerds. I sat in on a session one night. Erik (my nerd..er..boyfriend) is one of the nerdiest, I think.
Oh, and before you all think I'm slammin my boyfriend...he too, will tell you the same. He brags about how nerdy he is all the time.

hehehe my apology I thought your talking with the MMORPG game..

:p

they are talking old school, i remember kids playing that back when it got popular years ago. its amazing to think people are still playing the old school board game version. ive never played it, fantasy games arent my thing, but im sure its a good time if your into it

nvr2low said:
they are talking old school, i remember kids playing that back when it got popular years ago. its amazing to think people are still playing the old school board game version. ive never played it, fantasy games arent my thing, but im sure its a good time if your into it

do you have some picture of that game for me to have some idea what is that play all about..please..hehehe:hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back