9mm

brucelee82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was playing around the other day and took a few pics of the gun. CC welcome.

DSC_2462.jpg

DSC_2465.jpg

DSC_2468.jpg

i like the idea but i think your depth of field is so shallow that it takes away from the pic. plus the focus isnt on key areas of the gun (the subject area)

Yeah these were the first shots I took with a new 50 mm f1.8 lense that I got a few weeks ago. I was bored last night and decided to post them. I had surgery this week and whenever I get back to my house I'm gonna try some different things and give it another shot (pun intended). Thanks for the comments, basically spot with what I felt.

Nice gun.. I have a Ruger similar! What's the grain of your bullets?

The ones in the picture were 115 gr I believe but I now have 125 gr hollow points :D

I agree with tron.

Note to the OP.
These images are considered a "hot topic" along with religion and politics. There is a sticky somewhere about it. So if the conversation stays on the images, this thread may stay around. Just to let you know.

I think all of them need some more DOF (I know you just wanted to test out the lens lens, but if you plan on re-shooting this use a smaller aperture). I like the composition on the last one most.

Try again with more DOF & don't cut anything off (rear of slide in first two (+ end of grip & mag), end of mag in third)

is that a S&W 3906 ?
im not that good with my models but I like a clean looking grip, or overmold i guess its called.??

Nice DOF too, this could be an advertisment for bullets easily as well..

9mm puh-leeeeeze.

.45 Baby!!!!!
Just taken with my new 11-16 f/2.8
11-16testIII004Medium.jpg

Or how about a little Dirty Harry :lol:

11-16testIV015Medium.jpg

Since we're sharing gun pictures...

IMG_5414-resized.jpg

(I've wanted to post this for a while, but didn't because of the 'touchiness' of this subject)

Last edited:
Unless you want some real power

Reminds me of a little drill we used to do;

"This is my weapon, this is my gun. With this I kill people, with this I have fun."

Most reactions

Back