A "B" series

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I went outside this morning the Amur maples were buzzing with honey bees, so I took a few shots. Dem buggers don't stay still so I had to scrap half of my poorer shots. Here is what I kept.

Minolta Celtic 50/3.5 macro.

P1020638sm.jpg

P1020649sm.jpg

P1020655sm.jpg

P1020664sm.jpg

Nice. I like 2 & 3 the best. I'm guessing with the 150mm macro you get to keep your distance a bit. I have a macro on my short list of future lenses, but I have no experience with it so far.

Actually, I just see that I read the wrong line! You used a 50mm. Does this mean you got pretty close then?

I love #2&3. I like these because they don't look like your usual flower w/ bee pic, which is getting kind of old. These somehow have more personality.

Edit, after re-looking: I think it's because the focal point is not the eyes, for once. Leaves your attention free to look at the rest of the bee & pic.

nice! (always love your titles too ;)) the 4th one is my favorite because I love the detail in the wings. good stuff.

Ron
Between the lighting, backround color and the color of the honey bees, the photos are easy to look at.

#3 & #4 are also the ones I like.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rrr3319
(always love your titles too ;-))

OMG - I'm embarrassed to say what I misread this to say ...

Time for new glasses! ;-)

wow, i better watch what i'm typing... :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back