A "bah! Humbug." thread.

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Anyone else not looking forward to Christmas? I like Christmas, don't get me wrong. I like giving presents (no so much on the receiving). But in this house all it means is getting forced to spend time with people who you really don't like. :?

Heh, at least you get to do that. I get to sit at home playing Everquest by myself. Even the firends I'm staying with aren't going to be here.

On the bright side I got my window fixed today so no more streamers of duct tape littered down the highway.

Scott WRG Editor said:
I get to sit at home playing Everquest by myself. .

Ouch. that would really suck; where's all your family?

My best friend is that way; he has no family here, and just a few friends. We include him on all our family holidays.

As for seeing family you don't like... oh man, you don't know the half of it. I probably shouldn't get into this but I will be brief. My wife's 1/2 brother is a TOTAL jerk. He's like 40, and one of the most selfish people I've ever met. He doesn't even buy family JACK on Christmas ,not even the kids, he just shows up, collects, eats and leaves. And he has PLENTY of money and is single with no kids. He and I have gotten into some fairly heated arguments before, he's very argumentative. I'm just about to go off on him.

ANyway I was out somewhere one day recently, and he and some other people dropped by our house; they hardly ever drop by, it was some special occasion, can't remember what. Anyway I had just gotten my Corvette, and my wife said he started going into a tyrade about me getting that car. Oh, we should get a minivan, oh we should do this or that. Apparently she got a little po'd and told him to mind his own business. OH man, too bad I was't there. Had it up to here with that guy. I pray he does something similar when we drop by their house for xmas; THE TREE MAY VERY WELL BE A ROCKIN'!!

I like Christmas, but I do understand the whole 'family you don't like' thing. Fortunately, the family I'm not looking forward to seeing doesn't hold their xmas until mid january, so I'll be ok for now. I'm pretty bummed this xmas, though...just found out my boyfriend has to work on xmas day, and I have to work on xmas eve until 11pm...so I barely get to see him. I was really looking forward to spending xmas eve, and waking up on xmas morning...exchanging gifts, and just being together. It really means a lot to me, but because of some money hungry pigs that just HAVE to be open on Christmas, I have to spend the time away from him :(. I'm pretty depressed about it. Other than that, things should be ok.

Scott, I'm sorry you have to be alone! If it makes ya feel any better, I'll try and stop by TPF and I'll talk to ya! (that prolly doesn't make ya feel any better, does it?)

I have a friend who is going to college at Hawaii Pacific University...she has spent Christmas alone every year since she has been there, because she can't usually afford to come back. :(

I LIKE Bah! Humbug!
I can't be arsed with false bonhommie.
I want to be left alone to wallow in old movies, coffee and cheese (Perhaps if I cleaned it up occasionally people would come to see me...... Hey! 'shrooms)

core_17 said:
I like Christmas, but I do understand the whole 'family you don't like' thing. Fortunately, the family I'm not looking forward to seeing doesn't hold their xmas until mid january, so I'll be ok for now. I'm pretty bummed this xmas, though...just found out my boyfriend has to work on xmas day, and I have to work on xmas eve until 11pm...so I barely get to see him. I was really looking forward to spending xmas eve, and waking up on xmas morning...exchanging gifts, and just being together. It really means a lot to me, but because of some money hungry pigs that just HAVE to be open on Christmas, I have to spend the time away from him :(. I'm pretty depressed about it. Other than that, things should be ok.

Scott, I'm sorry you have to be alone! If it makes ya feel any better, I'll try and stop by TPF and I'll talk to ya! (that prolly doesn't make ya feel any better, does it?)

I have a friend who is going to college at Hawaii Pacific University...she has spent Christmas alone every year since she has been there, because she can't usually afford to come back. :(

Corry, sweetie, try to remember to feel thankful you both have jobs, some of us have not been so lucky.... :wink: And if I were you, I'd spend Christmas getting your place spruced up, cooking him some fabulous dinner for when he does get off work....put some flowers on the bed and surprise him! :D You can still make it a special day, babe. :wink: Hang on to the positive stuff!

Scott, this is for you: :hug:

Yeah...I know. I wish that I could just have ONE GOOD job though!!!! I don't want three jobs!!!! I work and work and work and barely get anywhere :(. But yeah...I know...some people don't have jobs at all, so I am thankful for what I have.

I LOVE Christmas, the gifts, the giving, the food, and even the family that annoys the crap out of you. I couldn't imagine it being any different!!!

eromallagadnama said:
I LOVE Christmas, the gifts, the giving, the food, and even the family that annoys the crap out of you. I couldn't imagine it being any different!!!

Try harder :mrgreen:

core_17 said:
Yeah...I know. I wish that I could just have ONE GOOD job though!!!! I don't want three jobs!!!! I work and work and work and barely get anywhere :(. But yeah...I know...some people don't have jobs at all, so I am thankful for what I have.

This reminds me of something Al Gore said when he was running, regarding the economy and fairly low unemployment we had at the time. "Sure everyone's got a job - a friend of mine has 3."

It's not just the quanity of jobs and unemployment rate that's important, it's the QUALITY of those jobs as well.

Hertz van Rental said:
eromallagadnama said:

Try harder :mrgreen:

Hertz I tried but all I keep coming up with is MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
(I just meant for me personally if my family weren't together it wouldn't be the same...not bashing others here :wink: )

This is from a blog I post on, they can be quite anti-religion, thus the warning at the top.

Warning : May contain scriptures, don't like it? Then don't read it.

John 2:13-16 Now the passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And he found in the temple those selling cattle and sheep and doves and the money brokers in their seats. 15 So, after making a whip of ropes, he drove all those with the sheep and cattle out of the temple, and he poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 And he said to those selling the doves: "Take these things away from here! Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise!”

So why would he tolerate what Christmas has become? A Christless holiday determined to bring the largest profit margin.

Just my opinion. No payments. No interest until 2006.

Everquest?!? You absolutely positively must try World of Warcraft. It's infinately better than every MMO that Sony has ever half-assed released. I played EQ for 3 years, SWG for 1-2, and WoW puts them to shame.

Sony's philosiphy is : let's release it half-done, they will pay US to beta test the game for us. The sad part is people will and do play their games half-done, effectively paying to test their unfinished games. (I know, I've done it)

Blizzards philosiphy is : If you build it (right), the people will come. So far so good.

I wish people would stop trying to bring all this religious garbage into the celebration of the winter solstice! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Most reactions

Back