a beach landscape

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying out a new philosophy for editing landscape photos: "try to recreate the original scene/how you felt at the moment/what you saw at the moment and only enhance what you saw, not what you think things should look like." Essentially, trusting Mother Nature to do the right thing in terms of colors, and just going with that.

With that in mind (and testing out a new landscape workflow), I edited this photo. Did I achieve this natural feeling? Any other comments welcome. Thanks!

beach by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

Looks pretty good to me! Maybe a touch too smooth on the rocks if I'm being super critical but it's a strong image with very nice elements.

Very nice; the only niggle is that the horizon seems ever so slightly off level.
Aghh! What is the best way to align horizons? I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out whether the horizon was straight or not using photoshop but the straighten tool doesn't seem to work for me ... :(

Looks straight as can be from here. Maybe darken the water and rocks to draw my eye from the foreground to the group of trees on the rock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

First, I like the picture. Nice complementary colors. Shapes are nice although the rock and island are too centered for my taste. I would have liked to see a little more of the swirl at the bottom. It seems too cut off. Of course, the swirl kind of competes with the island as if there are two objects pulling at each other. As far as natural look you wanted, the swirl doesn't look like I ever have seen the surf look like. If you want "natural", shorten the shutter speed, it was too long. Nice shot.

Looks straight to me as well. Very nice.

Thats one of those pics that keep me taking pictures. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back