A beautful girl, but need CC.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by beansprouts3, Mar 12, 2009.

1. beansprouts3

beansprouts3 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took this a week ago and posted it on another board. I got lots of cc on the original and I've learned SO much in just a week from looking at post after post and photo after photo that I re-edited it. I'd like to show it to eyes who didn't see the original. I'll post the original if requested. I think it was a good capture (thankfully RAW!) but poorly shot. Please tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very pretty girl indeed.

I think it's a good photo but it could be better. The first thing that stands out to me, is her shirt...it's the brightest part of the image and it stands out from the background and from her skin tone. Being the brightest and having the most contrast, it attracts the viewer's eye...which isn't what you want.

Had she been wearing a darker shirt, her face would have a lot more contrast in the image, and the viewer's eye would be drawn to it.

Further to that, her eyes could be a little bit brighter, which again, would draw the viewer's attention.

3. Chairman7w

Chairman7w TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with Mike on that. Great shot, though, anyway.

4. Mgw189

Mgw189 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Its a nice shot. To me the white balance looks off a bit. It has a greenish cast to it. I would like to see the original too though. I agree about the shirt white is tough to photograph for sure. She is a beautiful girl as well. If she is yours lock her up now while you have a chance lol.

5. Mgw189

Mgw189 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Here is a quick edit I did. Did a quick levels adjustment then created a new layer for the eyes and made them just a little brighter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  6. beansprouts3

beansprouts3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you, that looks wonderful! I'd love to know how to do that. The original, the more I look at it is horrid. LOL.

[​IMG]

7. Mgw189

Mgw189 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Most of what I did was super easy one or two click edits. I use gimp for my editing work.

The first thing I did was a levels adjustment. Go into the levels tool. You can select the white eyedropper and find what you think is the whitest spot in the shot and select that. Do the same with the black eye dropper. That helps correct the color cast. Mine could use a little more fine tunign by the looks of things....

The next thing I did was create a new duplicate layer and brighten it using the curves tool. I placed that layer under the original layer and erased the eyes from the original layer leaving the brightened eyes in their place.

8. brendatn

brendatn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To MGW189---your quick reply and touch-up helped me with some of my black horse and snow pictures. I had blue snow. I have photoshop and just know what I know. Thank you for explaining that.
    Brenda

9. beansprouts3

beansprouts3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Awesome! Thanks! That sounds easy enough. :thumbup:

10. Samanax

Samanax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, obvious white balance problem. Your edit in the first post is a big improvement but seems to have a yellow/greenish tint to it. Mgw189's edit helped correct the color issue but makes the girl look very pale.

Although the girl is centered in the frame, the bricks of the wall seem to help offset that issue and makes the picture work well.

11. beansprouts3

beansprouts3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks. All I can say about the white balance is 1) Dude. What made me think that looked balanced? And 2) thank the good Lord for RAW!!

12. beansprouts3

beansprouts3 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm noticing all my photos seem to have a green tint when they are stored on photobucket. When I copy the same photo back to photoshop, it looks better balanced. Weird.