A beautiful day

AngieDoogles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday was gorgeous. My hubby and I went to the park so I could take a few pics. C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

w134405708.jpg

w134405717.jpg

w134405722.jpg

w134405726.jpg

w134405711.jpg

w134405804.jpg

w134405800.jpg

w134405811.jpg

Its does look like a great place to relax and shoot some pics... nice job. I especially liked the last one... if you look at the way the light hits the water it has almost created a natural vignetting... which was screaming to me B+W!!..

so as you have 'ok to edit' i thought id quickly run it through PS, what do you think?

w1344058112.jpg

Thanks so much Arch! I really like the b&w. I actually did that in photoshop, but then I didn't save it. Maybe I should have. :)

Quick question for you. The image you posted is very sharp, like the originals, but when I upload my pictures they seem to lose a lot of sharpness. Did you do something to get it to appear so sharp and detailed?

yes, whenever i edit an image i sharpen it in PS to how i like it... but when the image is reduced in size and saved a s a jpeg for the web it looses that orginal sharpness due to compression, so the thing to do is sharpen again when you save as a jpeg.

You can use either Smart Sharpen or Unsharp Mask in PS, whichever gives you the best results (i tend to use smart sharpen more for portraits), but try and zoom into the image a little when you do the final sharpen and try to avoid oversharpening which will start to produce halos and little white artifacts. ;)

yes, whenever i edit an image i sharpen it in PS to how i like it... but when the image is reduced in size and saved a s a jpeg for the web it looses that orginal sharpness due to compression, so the thing to do is sharpen again when you save as a jpeg.

You can use either Smart Sharpen or Unsharp Mask in PS, whichever gives you the best results (i tend to use smart sharpen more for portraits), but try and zoom into the image a little when you do the final sharpen and try to avoid oversharpening which will start to produce halos and little white artifacts. ;)

Ah, I see! Thanks so much! I'll definitely do that in the future. :)

I just wanted to add that any other C&C is still greatly appreciated! I can't improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any feedback at all is welcome!

Okay, I'll stop begging now. :blushing:

Number 6 looks awesome! Everything is in focus which makes the composition in this case!
Great work!

-Jim :)

Most reactions

Back