A beautiful Smile

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EOS 350d 1/15 f5.6 55mm 100iso Manual
These were really quick shots .. we were trekking and she just happened to be smiling... i did not want to loose the moment to increase the iso to gain shutter speed.. not much space for me to move.. there was a river gushing right behind me.. nor could i stop use another lens or do any sort of setup..it was very smokey in thr hut.. i think she was cooking

is the crop ok? i'm not much for centered stuff..do u like b/w or col?

i just picked it out from the pics i trashed :confused:
argh :meh:

52df37c0.jpg

11336848.jpg

Well, her face is clear and as far as I care that's what matters here. It looks fine to me. You can't be too hard on yourself at times like that because all you have any control over is when you press the shutter.

The photo works for me. :thumbsup:

Outstanding I would say and even more so for the lack of setup time, if you missed that great smile that would have been a real dissapointment . I cannot see a way to improve the compositon, the pots and the smoke really add an ambiance IMO and sets the scene. The black and white seems to make her face stand out, but her complexion and the smoke in the room gets lost, so I lean towards the color.

I think you should have someone check out your trash before you click the button ;)

beautiful picture Mansi! I am glad you ignored all the settings and just pressed the shutter!

Thanks you guys...

any takers for this rendition of the photo......
1410a251.jpg

color, for sure, the color is more eyecatching...the silver in her hair..and the stripes on her shawl....then the rope holding the bowls..just a great shot...your trash would be my treasure... mansi, you make me wish i could see things your way... what an eye..i'll take your trash anyday as something i would frame, post ...plaster on a bill board.... unreal...

Mansi said:
Thanks you guys...

any takers for this rendition of the photo......
You've made it into a much better photograph from a artistic point of view. No doubt about it, the crop really helps. But... I like the information that is in the other photographs as well. I can't view them in the same mindset. One is more natural, the other more technical. </arse talking> Both are really nice.

I like the second crop better. There is not as much distraction . Glad you did not trash this one. It is a great shot.

i vote for your 2nd b&w post. excellent photo and excellent conversion.

Thanks all of you.. as always appreciated..

i am in the process of putting together my portfolio.... i'm just confused which version to use... the original shows the surroundings and the re-worked bw is focussed on the subjec... i like both
any ideas any one for the port..? this is going to be my first portfolio. mostly my street work..do you think 10-12 pictures are ok? 8 by 12 size.. mostly i need to show them to a gallery owner who may want to invite me in for an amateur showcase.. she contacted me after seeing my work from someone and wants me to bring in a few...
also i will try and get some pj work if i can.. i am not experienced enough for it but no harm giving it a go eh?
i AM CONFUSED :S

I don't see any reason not to have more than one version of the same pic in your portfolio. I agree that the setting changes the picture and even the interprtation and appreciation of her smile to some extent. If you experiment with crop I would try a lot of different crops, sometimes shaving off just a tiny bit on one side makes a difference.

I prefer the color for the same reason, it makes the setting more real and more a part of her. If you do a B&W version I would consider using unsharp mask, especially for for face although be careful not to overdo it. I think the B&W needs to be lightened somewhat as it is harder to see than the color version.

I also agree that capturing that beautiful smile was far more important than getting the best technique, thanks for sharing that special moment with us.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back