A bee buzzing around

Patricia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really fun to look at the bees working and the bags on their legs getting heavier and heavier.

Patricia

Awesome. I stood outside for half an hour trying to shoot bees in the apple trees. I didn't get one bee, lot's of nice apple blossoms, but no bees.

They are just too dang quick to move from flower to flower. By the time I found one in the viewfinder, he would move on and be gone.

It's not a matter of my camera being slow to focus and shutter lag, they are gone before I can even start to press the shutter.

So, good job. Bees are so difficult to capture.

#1 is a fantastic shot!:thumbup: I'm jealous.;) I've managed to capture bees on flowers, but hard as I've tried I can't get one in flight. As mrodgers said -they are just too fast! I thought I was getting smart the other day and zeroed in on their nest figuring I'd click the shutter as they entered the frame of view....I had 175 shots of a hole in the fence, but the bee escaped capture every time.:lol:

#1 is a fantastic shot!:thumbup: I'm jealous.;) I've managed to capture bees on flowers, but hard as I've tried I can't get one in flight. As mrodgers said -they are just too fast! I thought I was getting smart the other day and zeroed in on their nest figuring I'd click the shutter as they entered the frame of view....I had 175 shots of a hole in the fence, but the bee escaped capture every time.:lol:

Well its not easy. I was crawling on the ground klicking and klicking, probably took at least 20 pictures and did get maybe five bees flying . Its just luck I think. And its not easy getting a sharp picture.

Patricia

you caught one flying!

Nice captures :) And great bird pics in the other thread BTW :)

Thank you for liking my pictures.
I have been looking into your albums and it reminds me of the north of sweden where my husband comes from. When we go there in the winter we use snowscoters a lot. Nice pictures you have in your album.

Patricia

Most reactions

Back