A beer bottle

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This started out as a pretty crappy picture (it was way under exposed), so I decided to play with it a little and see what I could do (my PP skills are pretty basic, so it was good practice for that too).

(The beer is Negra Modelo, in case you're wondering.)

Feel free to offer any critique if you want, if it's bad - don't worry, I can handle it. ;)

I like it, especially considering what it started out as, lol. I think I'll print off an 8x10 and see how that looks, if it looks good I'll probably go bigger (I'm afraid it'll be too noisy though).

Well, anyway - here it is:

IMG_0007-B-resize.jpg

I have to agree with ski - I really can't work out what the background was
hmm any chance we could have a look at the original? Also you say your pp is basic, what program are you using and what did you do to the shot - just general fixes, you don't have to note down all the settings ;)

The background is one of the speakers on my desk (heavily edited, obviously).

I processed the RAW in DPP, did the edits with GIMP.

This is what the RAW looked like, before any tweaking (I think my hand was blocking the flash):
DPP_0001.jpg

This is after brightening it:
DPP_0002.jpg

Most of the editing was to try to get rid of the noise, I was also going for a sort of 'painting' look - the background couldn't be saved (and wasn't that interesting anyway), so I applied a cubism filter to it.

I like the background, but I want to re-shoot the bottle - that'll have to wait though, I'm out of beer.:(

ugh... learn basic exposure techniques first, its cool you can bring all that detail out but your never going to PP it as well as if you just shot it with good exposure settings in the first place

Yeah, I know. This was kinda just a blooper that I wanted to play with.

When I get more beer I'll redo it. (lol, that just sounds funny.)

Maybe I should have put this in the "Just For Fun!" gallery...? I didn't notice that one for some reason when I made this thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back