A beginer's shot, please C&C. Thank you.

josephche

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fireshow at Night Safari Singapore. Sorry for the blur, 1/2s exposure without tripod.
Camera: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D60
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/2 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 22mm

090905_fireshow%20in%20Night%20Safari%20Singapore.jpg

Last edited:
i think that a cool pic. like the motion blur!

Not bad. The blur on these things tends to be somewhat unavoidable due to wanting to get the torch trails, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Some of the unfortunate things with your shot (imo) are all the ugly background elements and that we can see too much of the stage, the people, and even to some degree the performerts (it's too wide and too bright).

Generally I've found zooming in is best with these. You can also get some lucky shots where you can see expressions on the performers faces when you do this.

If you can forgive my posting my pics in your thread, here are some examples...

==1==
fire02.jpg

==2==
fire01.jpg

Man that watermark is hideous. These are ooooold pictures.

To: ToddLange
Thank you for your encourage.

To:
manaheim
Thank you for your comments and suggestion. You are right and yours are much much better than mine. The background are really ugly. The aperture 4.0 is the largest one available. I think zooming in or choosing a better angle will be the option.

BTW, i have a shot showing the performer's ‘expression’. Unfortunately, there are some similar problems on the ugly background. Anyway, pls c&c.
DSC_0073.jpg

Camera: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D60
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/15 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 55mm

Love that shot you just posted... has some other issues,and I think I would darken it a bit (your monitor may need calibration if all these are bright), but it's very cool.

Wow, that last shot is great. I like it a lot more than the first one.

I am very glad you guys like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back