A beginner looking for criticism

RU130

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone i am new to photography i am looking to get a DSLR but money is tight being a teen. Well my sister gave me a really crummy olympus thats 3.2 megapixel and no shutter speed adjustment or anything, its about as bare-boned as you could imagine. But anyways i just thought i would share some photos that i took for my highschool photo 1 class. Any thing you like, you think i could do better, or just anything at all will be appreciated.

P1010131.jpg
\

P1010120.jpg

P1010130.jpg

P1010106-1.jpg

Whoa sorry didnt realize the photos went soo far to the right there, not sure how to change it. sorry about that

Ryan

Pretty good.

I miss when they taught on film... good pictures anyway.

I miss when they taught on film... good pictures anyway.

My college's first photography class is all about film cameras, and developing techniques, composition stuff like that. I'm taking it in the Fall I can't wait.

RU130: The first one looks a bit dark IMO.

Second one is an interesting angle, but the picture itself doesn't do anything for me.

Last one is my favorite. Well done.

The exposure is nice on the second one. It's easy to get that wrong when you have bright light coming thru the leaves, but it looks like you hit it very nicely.

For shots with a full auto P&S, they are pretty good. Your comp is not bad for a newbi. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff as you advance. Keep it up!

I like #4.

Keeping in mind you are still a teenager, you've got a good eye for art, I am sure you will go very far.

since you can't buy a dslr, go to a garage sale and pick up a film slr!!!!! you will surely love it if your really wanting to learn and want to better understand photography.

2 and 4 are fine, the other ones not so much i think. mainly what i think when i see your photos is that you don't yet have an understanding of how your camera meters, and are using it on automatic . . . GO BUY A FILM SLR!!!!!

Thank you everyone for the comments, i actually have a 35mm film camera that i used in my photography class but i am more of a quick-results digital kind of teen. im looking to get a nikon d40 but hopefully soon i will have one.

Ryan

i'm a teen too, and there is no substitute for the confidence you gain shooting with old school wait a while results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back