A big Cat and a Monkey.

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by double5, Aug 14, 2009.

1. double5

double5 TPF Noob!

A Jaguar. I just feel I snatched this shot and that it could have been better had I taken a bit more time over it. Live & learn
    [​IMG]

A Barbary Macaque.
    [​IMG]

2. BoostedHoo

BoostedHoo TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    great composition in the first pic. i think its little busy though and grabs the attention away from the jaguar

3. double5

double5 TPF Noob!

I agree with that observation I feel I should have isolated the Jaguar better.

4. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    f5.6 is not a bad aperture, and unless you started opening the aperture up a lot more then chances are a busy background was going to happen with the cat so close to its background setting. As it is I feel that the exposure and lighting are very good and the body of the cat stands out well. You could try selectivly brightening the cats face a little bit (maybe darkening the background areas) just to try and bring his face out a little more.
    I think the confusing thing about the shot is background areas on it look a bit like they are suffering from camera shake - which if course is totally offset by the sharp cat.

Monkey shot is cute - maybe consider cropping abit of the right so that he is looking into the left side of the frame a little more?
    Good shooting in both cases though