a big respect to all SLR users

Dan_The_Moose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive recently got my hands on my grandmothers old SLR camera, a praktica tl3, its now my mothers, but i can borrow it for a while.
now ive got my hands on one of these things, i realise how hard it is to actually set it up have the right lense, focus it, proper light etc.

I'm trying to read a book about different stuff of how to do things, focus lengths, ranges, f stops and its all "AAAARGH what does this mean!?!?!?!"

but i find it all very interesting, im gonna use the rest of the film and see what other pictures are on here and see what my experimental pictures are like.

it seems tough at first, but then it all becomes routine. my friends think im nuts for dropping the money i do on photo gear, while the money i spend pales in comparison to others, but they also think im nuts for carrying around the gear i do, but they always like the end result. so i guess what im saying is, it might seem like alot but after a while it just becomes like walking, you jsut kinda do it.

and it seems if you cart around all those lenses and ccameras, and if people like the end results even though they think your mad, then its all worth it. right? :)

and it seems if you cart around all those lenses and ccameras, and if people like the end results even though they think your mad, then its all worth it. right? :)
If they think you're mad, then it's definitely worth it! Nothing like going against the current to really enjoy life. :mrgreen:

It sounds like you're on the right track - read everything you can find and practice, practice, practice. If you stay patient with yourself, allow yourself a learning curve, you'll be a better photographer in the long run. Using film is addictive; be careful or you'll be developing your own film and hunting on ebay for enlargers. :lol: Look around your area, college campuses and adult-learning centers, you may be surprised at the photography classes available. Great way to speed up the learning process!

It's actually the best time ever to be shooting film - you can find professional quality gear that you couldn't possibly have afforded just a few years ago for rock-bottom prices.

Have fun!

SLR's are complex, but once you learn all the technical stuff, you have a very versatile camera, where the possibilities are endless.

:D It totes more easily than an easel, brushes. and paint set. ;)

Cute little guy: http://www.praktica-collector.de/211c_Praktica_TL3.htm

Producer:

• [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Kombinat VEB Pentacon Dresden[/FONT] [/FONT]

• [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]since January 1985 VEB Pentacon Dresden[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] Betrieb des Kombinates Carl Zeiss Jena[/FONT][/FONT]
This is where I live now since beginning of this month :D

Most reactions

Back