A birthday party...

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.transmissionfields.com
Some shots from a birthday party this past weekend...

Grandma Iris
2844878746_1e01afa84a_o.jpg

Preston
2844825290_e9ddfd1fa0_o.jpg

Preston
2843990181_c1261bdb45_o.jpg

Kairi - Birthday girl taking some careful steps...
2843989953_5d8818f66d_o.jpg

Kairi and Erin's dad
2843989783_6a6c2b234a_o.jpg

Happy Birthday, Kairi! So now you are 1! (I guess).

I like the one of Grandma Iris. Is it simply a partial desaturation you applied?
And did you add a bit of a blur or something other to soften it up a little?
Does she like it???

The second of Preston is nice, he has wonderful eyes!

As to the one of Kaili and Erin's Dad ... is that also just a simply partial desaturation?
While I like it for Grandma Iris's photo, I'm not sure I like to see baby skin like this ... :scratch:

I think the one with all the feet in really could have been something else.. (for me!)
If you could have got all babies feet in and the other 3 sandled feet as well.. with maybe a very slight crop on the top of babies head...
Grandma is good but the one mentioned above could have had some nice potential for me looking..

Happy Birthday, Kairi! So now you are 1! (I guess).

I like the one of Grandma Iris. Is it simply a partial desaturation you applied?
And did you add a bit of a blur or something other to soften it up a little?
Does she like it???

The second of Preston is nice, he has wonderful eyes!

As to the one of Kaili and Erin's Dad ... is that also just a simply partial desaturation?
While I like it for Grandma Iris's photo, I'm not sure I like to see baby skin like this ...

Yea...I've been in a desaturation mood lately. Also...I was wondering if I should have softened the closeup of Preston instead of going for gritty. To do that...I've been using the Shadows/Highlights tool in CS3 and leaving the Shadows alone (pushing it all the way to the left) but bumping the Highlight slider over just a nudge. If you go too far with it...it starts to look pretty horrible...but a slight bump seems to bring more texture out.

The one of Kairi and Al was desaturated one as well. But...by color...as I left the reds up a notch or two.

And Iris loves the shot...which made me pretty proud. Especially since she has such an aversion to having her photo taken. :-D

I think the one with all the feet in really could have been something else.. (for me!)
If you could have got all babies feet in and the other 3 sandled feet as well.. with maybe a very slight crop on the top of babies head...
Grandma is good but the one mentioned above could have had some nice potential for me looking..

You have an excellent point...unfortunately...I am not as quick on the draw as I should be. She was just starting to move and I had to be quick...as she doesn't stay up too long. I was kicking myself for cutting off her foot...and we tried getting her to go again...walking towards me....but she wasn't in the mood. She just kept plopping back down on the floor and crawling.

Trust me I kick myself all the time especially with one shot I have I always look at it and think if only.. lol..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back