No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey all,

I am off on holiday to North Yorkshire (God own county in England), for about 4 days.

I intend to take some night pictures of the graveyard and the Abbey. Now while I may not have much trouble with using my Canon EOS 1000fn, I might with my digital compact (Fuji Finepix2800Zoom).

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make sure I get some good pics this time around ?

Hello,

You'd be surprised what you can achieve with the Fuji 2800 zoom. It can take quite good night shots. You might have to fool a bit with the exposure compensation. I have found when using it for night shots, I had to under compensate the exposure when shooting night shots.

Want to brush up on your night photography, have a look at this lesson: http://www.schoolofphotography.com/night/night.html

p.s. The image titled "Koln at Dusk" in this Night Photography Lesson was taken with a Fuji 2800 zoom camera.

Tripod. (or vampire stake for graveyard hunting)
I'd just suggest setting your P&S to self timer, sit it on another headstone or something that aint gonna move and just hope.

But what do you mean by better photos? Do you want better composition or better exposures?

Meysha you are psychic ...... I am going to WHITBY .... home of Dracula ... Well where Bram Stoker wrote it anyway.

p.s. The image titled "Koln at Dusk" in this Night Photography Lesson was taken with a Fuji 2800 zoom camera.

You're kidding ........ Pukka pic. .. . . .

I have shot night stuff before up there but never with my little trusty fuji ......

But I intend to have a go........ I will post some of my attempts to infringe on sanity when i get back ... watch out in Mid August.

I'll have a butchers at that night pics tutorial and see if I can get some practice before I go !

Why yes.. I am. but only because you opened up my brain waves due to my crazy psycho venting on your poll on shop assistants. (Shh we won't tell anyone that I actually posted the shop assistant bashing after I posted here.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back