A bit of retro.

Torus34

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just picked up [Ebay] an almost mint Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash camera. It even contained a 620 spool. A quick check confirmed that I can use 120 film without re-spooling as feed to the 620 take-up spool.

I've no idea where this will lead but I'm anxious to run some Plus-X through this puppy and see what happens. Can't wait to join the Holga Revolution. Should be fun.

Anyone out there fussin' around with one of these golden oldies?

Hi,

and thanks for your input. I've figured out a means to provide a simple tripod attachment and cable release to the little black box. That opens the door to all sorts of 'time' exposures. Addition of filters is a piece of cake, as is a shield for the viewfinder. Shifting from Plus-X to Tri-X takes care of overcast days.

Next step is to shoot some film, mix up some sepia toner, and put in some darkroom time. I'm getting my $5 worth.

I got a Brownie Hawkeye I bought on here for $10 with everything org. box and flash everything, I really like shooting it the 120 film makes it a little of a pain to scan/process but it can be fun

Congrats. My grandma gave me her old Brownie Hawkeye flash when I went back for a visit. The first roll didn't turn out so well.. It was 400 speed so I think it was all overexposed. The second was better, 100 speed, but still not as great as i'd hoped. I should really take it out on the town once more, right now it's just sitting around.

Most reactions

Back