a box

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by blinded, Jul 15, 2004.

1. blinded

blinded TPF Noob!

now before everyone gets all pooped up over what the meaning of the picture is, there is none. I just felt like taking a picture of a box, so dont take things so seriously this time!

[​IMG]

2. malachite

malachite Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

So you're saying I can't poop in this box?

3. katileka

katileka TPF Noob!

I'd say the top should be cropped just a bit. So you don't that little sliver of sky over the left mountain and so the top of the right mountain is taken off a bit.

The picture is nice but the thin snake-like black mark on the box is a little annoying.

4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hmmm very, very.... very original Blinded :)you have extravagant creativity :)

5. Sk8man

Sk8man TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    like wow... the box is not for recycling purpose and the people in the town are so naive and don't even think about what's going on here...

is that the point?

good quality btw.

6. canonrebel

canonrebel TPF Noob!

The beauty that the out-of-focus background takes away my attention from the box. Bet that background was beautiful to look at, huh?

7. fallen_petal

fallen_petal TPF Noob!

i like the background!

8. StvShoop

StvShoop TPF Noob!

i think if you have such an apparent sign in a photo like that, enhanced by the dof, it's impossible for people to just ignore it. why the hell would anyone print "no recycling" anyway? seems like the general consensus in most places is that "not recycling" is the default...

there was a comment about the string shadow in the box. i think it's an interesting characteristic of this photo that the only way you can gauge where the sun is is by two and only two shadows... those cast inside the box, and those cast by the box on the ground. those are the most apparent anyway. and the string shadow is one that's cast by such an unnoticable object. showing a phenomenon with only little bits of information is the name of the game, as i see it.

that was rambling i know :p i felt i had to say something else after the "message" comments that you didn't ask for

9. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's a trash bin no? Thus the "no recycling" in this recepticle.