A Brand New Reflex Film Camera

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Very cool, looks like goal is going to make it. Very cool design. Rechargeable battery, multi mount, led and flash, blue tooth for exif data, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool. I love the interchangeable film back. I often don't finish a roll, and I would love to be able to switch films more easily.

Do you think the price is reasonable? At least the Kickstarter price puts it in the same price range as my used D600. Completely different purposes, but I can't see myself investing $650 in a 35mm camera (plus lenses...plus film backs...plus whatever else).

Pretty cool. I love the interchangeable film back. I often don't finish a roll, and I would love to be able to switch films more easily.

Do you think the price is reasonable? At least the Kickstarter price puts it in the same price range as my used D600. Completely different purposes, but I can't see myself investing $650 in a 35mm camera (plus lenses...plus film backs...plus whatever else).
Looks like the body will be around $350 with 1 film back. I think the 600+ is for a kit of stuff you may not need. For me, if I were to buy one, I'd get the film body and two backs. I already have a m42 35, 55, 135, and 200 glass. All the glass is good stuff too, that I got real cheap. However, my SP1000 is in good working order. I doubt I would be getting one.

Holy pre-WWII throwback batman! That will certainly help to slow us digital speed freaks down.

The early 1950s Contaflex at least had an auto-aperture that remained wide open for focus and viewing regardless of the taking f/stop set and then only stopped down when the shutter was tripped.

This thing's default mode is stopped down for metering. You have to manually push a button on the lens plate to open the aperture for focus and viewing and then release it when you're ready to take the photo so the meter will function -- helps to have a third hand. Sure could make photographing an action event entertaining. The sequence for taking a photo would be more like using a view camera, now that's retro.

Joe

Seems like a moderator has done an edit to your thread JC, and I see no photo.

I like the interchangeable lens mount idea.

What camera? What Kickstarter?

nm It takes batteries, deal breaker! lol

Very cool, looks like goal is going to make it. Very cool design. Rechargeable battery, multi mount, led and flash, blue tooth for exif data, etc.

WOW! The camera is called simply REFLEX. Looks retro/new. I watched the video of it on the kickstarter page, and was intrigued by the many design features the inventor/designer had come up with. Most intriguing. I hope he can get this thing into actual production. The interchangeable front-mounted lens mounting plate looks awesome! M42! Nikon F! Canon! Buuut of course, how would one actuate the lens iris?

Anyway...yeah...I finally saw what you were intrigued by.

It shiots in A and M modes, so I assume you would adjust the Iris via the lens dial. It was well thought out IMO. Pretty cool.
WOW! The camera is called simply REFLEX. Looks retro/new. I watched the video of it on the kickstarter page, and was intrigued by the many design features the inventor/designer had come up with. Most intriguing. I hope he can get this thing into actual production. The interchangeable front-mounted lens mounting plate looks awesome! M42! Nikon F! Canon! Buuut of course, how would one actuate the lens iris?

"Buuut of course, how would one actuate the lens iris?" Yep, there it is. That's why I said pre-WWII throwback. One of the most important design advances to show up on SLRs in the late 60s was open aperture metering. Having the camera keep the lens aperture open for viewing is THE advance that started SLRs on their rise to dominance and that came in the 50s. This thing mounts a lens and immediately stops it down to taking aperture by default. To view, focus and compose a shot you have to depress a button on the lens mount to open the aperture -- which disengages metering. To engage metering and take the shot you have to release that button to manually stop down the lens. Might as well put it on a tripod and pretend it's a view camera.

Joe

"Buuut of course, how would one actuate the lens iris?" Yep, there it is. That's why I said pre-WWII throwback. One of the most important design advances to show up on SLRs in the late 60s was open aperture metering. Having the camera keep the lens aperture open for viewing is THE advance that started SLRs on their rise to dominance and that came in the 50s. This thing mounts a lens and immediately stops it down to taking aperture by default. To view, focus and compose a shot you have to depress a button on the lens mount to open the aperture -- which disengages metering. To engage metering and take the shot you have to release that button to manually stop down the lens. Might as well put it on a tripod and pretend it's a view camera.

Joe
Oh, I see. Yeah, kind of a deal breaker in some respects.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back