IMG_3248a.jpg

IMG_8249a.jpg

IMG_3107b.jpg

IMG_3178a.jpg

IMG_3138a.jpg

IMG_3272a.jpg

IMG_3216a.jpg

Cool. Pic #3 is my stop! :)

#2 is a great capture of the guy, I just wish he were on the other side of the frame

I like 13 too.

I love the compositions, but all images are very grainy. I understand that there's the issue of low light, but you can carefully adjust the grain using a noise reducer, or a faster lens.

I like # 8 the best - I like the different perspective in each of them

Thanks for the feedback so far.

#2 is a great capture of the guy, I just wish he were on the other side of the frame

I like 13 too.

#2 is a crop, I believe he was somewhat centered in the original. I left the empty space behind him because he's taking the escalator out of the metro. It would make more sense with a caption.

I love the compositions, but all images are very grainy. I understand that there's the issue of low light, but you can carefully adjust the grain using a noise reducer, or a faster lens.

These are all shot with a 50mm 1.8 at f1.8 (trying to focus in low light is a PAIN), 1600 ISO, and about 1/60. I love grain/noise in some situations, I would prefer not to have it here but not much I can do about that. I'm lucky to occasionally pick up something as sharp as #8, I strive to shoot them all that well.

All largely nice shots! I find if I have particularly noisy images (and I don't want to noise-reduce them) I often convert them to black and white which I think 'suits' grain better.

Great shots
I'd be scared as hell to shoot in a place like that. haha

Thanks guys.

Great shots
I'd be scared as hell to shoot in a place like that. haha
It takes some time to get used to it. It definitely helps to shoot when it is most crowded, you blend in better.

numbers 4, 6, and 8 for me.

very good shots if you ask me but i'm no expert, i just know how difficult it is to feel comfortable taking pics in places like that!

I really like numbers 2, 8, and 11. You seemed to do a good job isolating subjects in such a crowded place.

4 & 8 are my favorites (although I really like 6 & 9 too).

What happened to you, Rob? I haven't been on here in a few months - and now you're posting "normal" (I hope you know what I mean) photos? No doubt, there good - but what prompted the dramatic change?

Most reactions

Back