a bunch of photography questions!

whiskersnaps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im currently enrolled in a photography class & these are some of the questions i am having difficulties with! any help would be appreciated! Thanks :]

1. how are all cameras basically the same?

2. which setting on a camera controls depth of field?

3. Which control or setting affects the way movement will be recorded, whether or not it will be blurred?

4. What is the advantage of bracketing by changing the shutter speed?

5. What is the possible problem with bracketing by changing the aperture?

6. When could bracketing by shutter speed cause a problem?

7. What is composition and when does a photographer begin to compose an image?

8. The active layer of film is the (A) film base (B) emulsion (C) anti-halation coating

9. The film speed rating for black and white film is determined by (A) the size of the silver halide crystals in the emulsion (B) the shutter speeds of the camera (C) the film base

10. The larger the silver halide crystals in the films emulsion (A) the higher the film speed rating (B) the slower the film speed rating (C) the more likely the film will be overexposed

11. Faster films are (A) more sensitive to light (B) not as sharp as slower films (C) both A and B

12. In tri-pack film construction each one of the three emulsion layers is (A) sensitive to a different color of light (B) sensitive to different ISO setting (C) contains a different size of silver halide crystals

13. Color films (A) are more sensitive to exposure errors than black and white film (B) do not have as much latitude as black and white films (C) both A and B

14. After they are mixed by chemicals for film development should (A) used immediately (B) kept in air-tight containers (C) stored in a refrigerator

15. developer should be stored in (A) clear glass bottles (B) containers that block light (C) uncovered metal plates

16. The chemical called "fixer" or "hypo" (A) removes unexposed silver halide crystals from black and white film (B) should never be reused (C) helps eliminate water spotting on developed film

17. When developing film, the temperature of the chemicals and water (A) is unimportant (B) should be kept at 68 degrees (C) depends on how many exposures are on the roll of film

Welcome to the forum.

It almost sounds like you want us to do your homework :er:
Looks like you should be doing some reading.

If you are actually unsure how aperture and shutter speeds work, like i was when i had been using a p&s because i didn't know any better, and honestly don't understand then word it that way and people on here will kindly give you a description...

homework, sounds like a test.

frankly as a photo educator, i would rather my students ask me those questions to be sure we are both on the same page.

This is making me look forward to my photography class this fall lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back