A cold day in... Massachusetts

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out tooling around capturing some snow scenery in my home town today. Here are a few for your potential enjoyment. C&C always welcome, of course.

==1==
Snowy Day - December 31st 2008 - 005 tpf.jpg

==2==
Snowy Day - December 31st 2008 - 013 tpf.jpg

==3==
Snowy Day - December 31st 2008 - 029 tpf.jpg

Man, I wish we had snow here. If Austin got that much snow, it would shut down and I would be off work for at least a week!

Pictures look great. Maybe it is my monitor, but #2 looks a tad overexposed.

Soooo ambient the snow makes the place to be

I'm not sure I understood this...?

Man, I wish we had snow here. If Austin got that much snow, it would shut down and I would be off work for at least a week!

Pictures look great. Maybe it is my monitor, but #2 looks a tad overexposed.

My parents got some in Oregon... it has shut the whole state down for days. :)

Thanks on the pictures. I don't see the overexposure, personally... on either my corrected monitor or this non-corrected one, but hey... I could be wrong.

Enjoyment is being had ... so it is not only "potential" with me any longer. "Snow" is something all unknown to us here, all we have got is frost, but I feel that the days of frost are all over now, too. It no longer looks frosty, but is back to the usual grey...

I really like the composition of the first and the old truck on the left. Not a footprint in sight ... is that place abandoned?

Enjoyment is being had ... so it is not only "potential" with me any longer. "Snow" is something all unknown to us here, all we have got is frost, but I feel that the days of frost are all over now, too. It no longer looks frosty, but is back to the usual grey...

It always amazes me how much of the world sees relatively little (or no) snow. Generally speaking, it's over-rated. :) It's pretty... but over-rated. :)

I really like the composition of the first and the old truck on the left. Not a footprint in sight ... is that place abandoned?

hehe, nope... it's on the property of a house down the road from me. I will admit I've never seen the people who live there, but I have seen their cars change positions. :)

We live in an edge town that has a lot of old farm country that is mostly owned by people who are no longer farmers, or by people who bought the farms because they were cool and countryish but don't really intend to keep farming them. It winds up resulting in a lot of places like this.

There are still some active farmers and such here, but not too many, and they cater mostly to the people in the area who love the small-town-farm thing as a part of the environment they live in. It's a neat funny sort of town. A very unique balance.

Thanks for the comments!

Thanks again, John! :) I'm starting to think I may have been a bit light on the contrast. I need to revisit them, but I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back