A couple from the Reds Game the other night

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by jlykins, May 19, 2008.

1. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I didn't really like the last one, but my wife thought it was good so I figured I would throw it in here for everyone to look at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    obviously I was focasing on the runner in the last one, and I had it stopped down.

3. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    All pretty cool shots. If it were me I could crop the outfield grass out of the last one and bring the shot in closer. I don't think the grass adds anything to the shot.

I think they all would've been a lot better too if the Indians would've won a couple games ;)

4. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To Wdodd: As a Royals fan, I can honestly say losing doesn't hurt anymore. You should try it. No hope = no pain.

That being said, I like the second one the best. There's something enchanting and mystical about the energy of a stadium during a game, and IMO sometimes the stadium is more fitting of a photograph than the players on the field.

The 4th one doesn't do anything for me, and I might crop the 3rd one. Its too cropped as is to get the vastness of where he's at, so I would personally just make it about him. BTW I don't think the third shot would have been as cool if it hadn't been Ken Griffey. I know you guys in Cincinatti don't like him that much, but he's still a cool cat, and he's a legend/HOFer. Kudos for picking the right player to make the shot more "timeless."

5. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I love number 2 but there is one thing that really really bugs me about the image. I'm not sure how you managed to desaturate it without getting rid of the colour noise, but it's ruining a great image.

My suggestions is either desaturate it again or run it through a colour noise reduction. (leave the luminance noise as it is, it ads some character to the image).

6. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the first one is strange. your selective color leaves the bounds of what you wanted to be in color....the camera right side of the brim of his hat is blurry and not defined. he's outlined in blue on the camera right side as well. did you use a layer mask to do that selective coloring? if so, zoom in to 400% and redo the outline of him, it'll look cleaner.

the one of griffey looks great though!

7. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I did a film grain filter on it in PS, that's where you're seeing the noise. I just liked the way it looked so I left it.

8. jlykins

jlykins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Good call on the blue line. Here's the fixed version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]