A couple from today

Layspeed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
British Columbia, California & Philippines
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had some free time today after picking up my son from school so I decided to take out the camera and snap some photos. I've been playing with DOF and I like these ones best today. I think I'm improving a tiny bit. As always C&C welcomed!

e02819b3.jpg

376e7e0c.jpg

dea50213.jpg

33ff503e.jpg

i like 2, it's a great abstract. in general your photos are overexposed. if you have a manual setting on your camera experiment with that. auto settings always over-expose in my experience.

Idk, im not really feeling any of these pictures, one and two are both out of focus, which is really annoying, the first pic doesnt have a clear subject either which is very annoying to me. The second one i guess is cool, but could be improved through being a lot more sharp. The third one i like, its cool how the branch seems to have imploded, it is not too sharp either however, so thats frustrating. The 4th is probably the most ineresting, but also bland, i do not know how to explain it, maybe because its the only photo that is actually in focus, but i like this one the best.

#1 I love the idea of the image, nice and creative. I feel that the closest grass is a bit too big and the blurryness is very distracting. Great idea with the lines, maybe make the focused one more prominent

#2 As said, needs more sharpness. Try adding more sharpness (unsharp mask in PS if you can), put in B/W and play with levels/contrast. Personally, I dont like the orangy background, but like the faint lines in the patern. I like the squarness of the image though.

#3 Pieces are cut, seems to have a lack of sharpness. Interesting angle, but Ithink the subject matter is just meh.

Much appreciated guys. Thanks. I wonder if me hand holding the camera throws off the focus. On number #1 and #2 I was literally standing above the subject pointed straight down at the ground. I couldn't even keep my body from moving nevermind the camera. :lol: Maybe I'll try to use a tripod? #2 the paint on that patio chair really looks like crap in person also. The background is outdoor floor tile. The seat of the chair is also curved so maybe try a different F/stop to get more of the foreground in focus? On #3 I guess I did cut off a few tiny pieces..but I thought the focus was rather good. #4 is my favorite because I'm a die-hard Honda fan :thumbup: I will keep practicing.

Most reactions

Back