A couple Ginormous panos from the Adirondacks

chakalakasp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bigstormpicture.com
Shot these on my trip through the Adirondacks this October. The second photo is of Whiteface mountain; the first is shot near Au Sable Forks, New York. The truck in the lower right of the first one is starting to bug me a bit, but I hate to use the clone tool for anything other than dust.

New York/Vermont/New Hampshire is amazing during the fall!

Click the images below to enlarge to super-hugeify-size. :) Courtesy of Flickr.

That's an impressive area! Very beautiful.
And I am ALWAYS impressed with panos. Always. Since I can't do them...!
Well, yes about the truck, and no. Took me a while to really get what you meant, it is so far on the side...

If you don't want to clone out the truck then just crop it out. it's so on the far end it won't lose much in such a large pano... I like the first one best.. that is WIDE!! Good stuff.

If you don't want to clone out the truck then just crop it out. it's so on the far end it won't lose much in such a large pano... I like the first one best.. that is WIDE!! Good stuff.

I would, but then I'd lose some of the mountain cloud blowoff, which is one of my favorite parts of the shot. :)

what type of lens do you use to take panoramics?

I think this one was with a 70-200 2.8 at 70mm. I orient the camera vertically and then shoot; this was 13 or 14 pictures, I think. Actually, I didn't even tripod this one -- autostitch (the pano stitching program I used, which is free BTW -- give it a google!) doesn't seem to care if you tripod or not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back