A couple HDR

negative

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are two HDR shots I took tonight. Please comment and criticize.

grave.jpg

elgin.jpg

Very nice! :mrgreen::thumbup:

They are both amazing! I especially love the first. =)

Entered it in the November picture of the month challenge. Hope you don't mind! (the first one)

Those are very nice! If possible, could you please post an original exposure for the first pic, whichever one you would pick if you could choose only one? I'm still trying to get a feel for what HDR can do and when you should use it.

first of all..hdr?? what is that....lingo eludes me! I'll probably say 'duh' when you tell me, but humour me all the same!! ha ha

First shot....great resolution and colour, but the black hole in the middle is very distracting and takes away from the image as a hole

Second one, i really love...great colour, sharp, movement etc...would have liked to see some people moving in there too...but good all the same.

emogirl said:
first of all..hdr?? what is that....lingo eludes me! I'll probably say 'duh' when you tell me, but humour me all the same!! ha ha

First shot....great resolution and colour, but the black hole in the middle is very distracting and takes away from the image as a hole

Second one, i really love...great colour, sharp, movement etc...would have liked to see some people moving in there too...but good all the same.

click here http://www.popphoto.com/howto/3038/how-to-create-high-dynamic-range-images.html

wow thanks a lot for all the positive feedback everyone.
For the first one I was actually trying to blackout the close side of the tomb for a sillhouette but if it doesn't work I can change it.

Entered it in the November picture of the month challenge.
Hope you don't mind! (the first one)

I don't mind at all; infact, im honoured. Where can I find some info on this picture of the month challenge?

could you please post an original exposure for the first pic

Here is the mid exposure that i used for the HDR. I also took one that was over exposed and one under and combined them using photomatix, for those of you who want to know how to do HDR.

DSC_0329.jpg

thanks for posting that, I was wondering if that rainbow effect was created by the HDR or actually there.

Yeah it was definately there and it was the reason why i took the shot in the first place. The hdr just enhances it.

Nice shots as usual... you gotta quit following me around Ottawa stealing my shots ;)

Think there's any chance the weather will clear this week? I got a few shots downtown last night but tonight I decided to work on my laptop and stay warm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back