A couple HDR's from this evening...

m1a1fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally had the chance to get the camera out and attempt a couple HDR photographs.

Ya, there is a person on the sidewalk in the left of 1st the pic. She was chasing her son around with a video camera. Clone brush to the rescue.

Comments are welcome as long as they're constructive.

Algonquin11.jpg

Algonquin22.jpg

I've placed links in my first post. Follow those to the pics. Let me know if there are any issues.

I think these are excellent Ryan. Is this your first try? The color and light is very nice! :thumbup:

NJ

NJ,

Thanks for the kind words!

This is my fourth try. I've had been doing a bit of shooting around my condo complex last week practicing a bit and tinkering around with Photomatrix but was waiting until today to catch the sunset at this fountain.

I had to comment again.

I like the second one best, where the sky is a deeper and richer blue. Keep experimenting with the tones and light values. I think HDR's work better if the foreground is not quite so bright and saturated (as in #1). Just my opinion though.

Keep going. Good to see your work! :)

I had to comment again.

I like the second one best, where the sky is a deeper and richer blue. Keep experimenting with the tones and light values. I think HDR's work better if the foreground is not quite so bright and saturated (as in #1). Just my opinion though.

Keep going. Good to see your work! :)

NJ,

Thanks for taking the time to comment again.

It's a toss-up with me. I like the first as it looks more like what the scene really looked like. I really like the transition of color in the sky right behind the trees. There were a few street lights and those decorative sidewalk lights right behind me that were helping to illuminate the scene a bit more.

I like the sky in the second shot as well but overall it feels a bit to dark to me.

I'll keep on playing around with both Photomatrix (have to purchase the registered version as I can't stand the watermarks) and Photoshop and see what I come up with.

Thanks again!:D

NJ,

Thanks for taking the time to comment again.

It's a toss-up with me. I like the first as it looks more like what the scene really looked like. I really like the transition of color in the sky right behind the trees. There were a few street lights and those decorative sidewalk lights right behind me that were helping to illuminate the scene a bit more.

I like the sky in the second shot as well but overall it feels a bit to dark to me.

I'll keep on playing around with both Photomatrix (have to purchase the registered version as I can't stand the watermarks) and Photoshop and see what I come up with.

Thanks again!:D

Wait! I downloaded a free program called qtpfsgui (yes, weird name) and it was very similar to Photomatix, from what I saw. I am yet to try an HDR with it because I just downloaded it today, but it seems to be nice from what I saw in the menu after I downloaded it. I will download it to the computer I'm on now (after I find it) and I will share the link with you shortly if you want to give it a try.

Also, I should give credit to NateS for referring it to me. :D

Here, this may be a long post.

If you want to try Qtpfsgui, see if this download link works for you: fixdown Download Server2

IF IT DOES NOT: Go to this website and scroll down the page to have more download links.

I experienced a little bit of difficulty to fully download and install this, so here's a small guide from me:

1. Click the download link and click "Open". If your computer asks if you want to allow it, click yes. (unless you don't want it to work)

help1.jpg

2. It should bring you up to a folder with a bunch of un-extracted files. Simply locate your "extract all files" button and click it.

help2.jpg

3. After you extract all the files, click the "readme" file for a necessary link that you should follow so you can download something that you need.

help3.jpg

4. Now that you have opened the read me file, locate the link that will direct you to another download. Copy and paste the link into your internet browser to get the download. Once there, you should once again click to "open" the file. The files will once again be un-extracted. Extract them.

help4.jpg

5. Now that will take you to another folder with a bunch of files. The readme file says that you should now be able to open the Qtpfsgui program, but it didn't work for me. You should highlight ALL the files in your newest folder (the one that shoulda just came up) and you should paste all of them into your older folder, where the Qtpfsgui program file is located.

help5.jpg

6. Now you should be ready to start Qtpfsgui, just click on the program file and it should start up!

help6.jpg

I know that was a very long post, I just decided I'd give you a guide if you wanted to try this out or not. Funny thing is that I don't even know if this program is any good because I still havn't tried it yet!

If I missed a step or anything just let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Actually, I've found I like Photomatix better than Qtpfsgui after all my hard work haha.

very good results particularly from early attempts.....just started playing with photomatix myself and have also been very happy, planning on buying the licence this week.

Actually, I've found I like Photomatix better than Qtpfsgui after all my hard work haha.

Ya, I think Photomatrix may be hard to beat. So far, it seems user friendly, easy to navigate and the user manual seems like it's layed out well. Thanks for providing the download instructions and link for Qtpfsqui. I'll have to take a look at it when I get a chance.

very good results particularly from early attempts.....just started playing with photomatix myself and have also been very happy, planning on buying the licence this week.

Thanks for the comment. Good luck with Photomatrix, I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back