A couple i liked

freeze3kgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, thought i'd post these up for some CC

I just liked how these 2 shots turned out and was wondering what others thought and if i could get some CC to help me get better :D

1.Not sure if i liked the light post but i think it kinda fits... and i didn't notice it while i was taking the shots :meh:
ForestPark.jpg

2. Loved the way the clouds looked and the sky was so clear thought i'd give it a quick snap shot

IMG_2234.jpg

They just look like snapshots, as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of thought in the composition. They look a little underexposed, too. But I'm not calibrated, so take that FWIW.

Crop the trees out of #2 and it gets better, but still doesn't seem like there's a reason to take the photo in the first place.

i agree with aliciaqw

#2 - looks like the sky. Sky is great as part of a photo, but not as a subject.

For the first picture i think if you shot it at a different angle so that you couldn't see the roof to the right and only saw the tower thing then it would be an interesting picture. I think the pictures themselves are sharp and everything but just the subjects aren't entirely that appealing... (to me at least).... and i'm a beginning so take my advice how you want it. :)

Crop the trees out of #2 and it gets better, but still doesn't seem like there's a reason to take the photo in the first place.

always a reason to take pictures, its the little things in life that people take for granted, and if you find something interesting, neat, beautiful or what have you and you have a camera why not take a picture :D ... i know im going to take a picture of anything that even looks kinda neat because i spent the money on a camera and i'll be damn'd if im not going to use it, hehe

not going to argue with anyone's advice because i think it is all valid and i think everyone has a good point that will help me with my next snap shot snafu!

I thought the same about the trees in the sky picture glad to see that my thinking is going toward the correct track.

they are a little underexposed by around 1 1/3 stops or however you explain it. I did so i could actually get a blue sky instead of a super "white" background on both pictures

thanks for the advice everyone :D really do appreciate it. can't get better if i dont think anythings wrong :mrgreen:

Last edited:
#1 is underexposed and I'm not too wild about the composition. Not that you had the option of removing it, but that light at the bottom of the frame is incredibly distracting. Perhaps takes some more of that building, but include the entire thing...or at least all of that light.

#2 needs something else. There are a lot of times I look up and think the clouds are pretty great, but it's hard to convey that in a picture. Did you use a polarizer? That could have helped them pop a little. If you don't have a polarizer, you can get a decent one to learn with for only about $20. Generally you want to get better quality filters, but my first polarizer was $20 and it worked pretty well.

Most reactions

Back