A couple more for C & C

Jacki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple more pictures I've taken with my old GE point and shoot. These were taken a couple of years ago when I first got the camera.
Both are raw photos; the second one was taken through the black and white filter.
hens.jpg

trail1.jpg

The first one is an interesting composition, but it is a bit flat in colour, and that diect sun on the leaf in the upper left really detracts. Given that it's RAW, are you able to apply a bit of burn to the leaf and try and neutralise the luminance? That and a bit of a bump to colour vibrancy would make this a great photo.

The second one does nothing for me. I'm guessing you used the camera's buitin B&W filter? most inbuilt B&W do a poor job - take the photo in colour, and then have a play with the B&W mixers in post - I think the results will speak for themselves.

Cheers

The first on is interesting. Is that saturation? The second one isn't that interesting. Not that good for B&W. Not enough dynamics.

I like no. 1, I agree it is an interesting subject. No. 2 I feel there is nothing interesting about it, there is nothing that catches my eye. It's quite boring, and I feel the colors are a bit monotone.

The first one is an interesting composition, but it is a bit flat in colour, and that diect sun on the leaf in the upper left really detracts. Given that it's RAW, are you able to apply a bit of burn to the leaf and try and neutralise the luminance? That and a bit of a bump to colour vibrancy would make this a great photo.

The second one does nothing for me. I'm guessing you used the camera's buitin B&W filter? most inbuilt B&W do a poor job - take the photo in colour, and then have a play with the B&W mixers in post - I think the results will speak for themselves.

Cheers

I didn't even notice that there was a glare in the upper left corner, so thank you! Those are rocks, not leaves. Leaves would not be gray. :mrgreen:

The first on is interesting. Is that saturation? The second one isn't that interesting. Not that good for B&W. Not enough dynamics.

Saturation? I am not sure what you mean by that, I didn't add anything to the picture or take in under a filter. The plant is called "hens and chicks" and there were some growing out of slate stone chips, and I just took some pictures because I thought it looked beautiful.

How do I add dynamics to black and white pictures, if someone wouldn't mind explaining this to me...I know now that if I want a picture to be black and white, I should still take the raw photo in color. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this when I took the picture of the trail, and I will not be able to take another picture of it for a long time. Is there any way to add dynamics to it via Lightroom? I no longer use the filters that come on cameras, I just put the extras on in a photo editing software if I feel the need.

Photo number 2 speaks to me quite a bit, which is why I took the photo, but I guess I can understand how others could find it boring.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back