A couple new edits 4 your C&C&C&C

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good news! I've had bilateral cataract surgery and implanted new lenses. So far (only a few days) so good! I don't need glasses to drive and even read normal size print! I haven't tried my camera yet (still healing) but I'm hoping I won't need glasses to shoot and still read the info onscreen.

Here's the very first edit I've ever produced without my glasses!

_POR4996-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

And this one from before.

_POR4841-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

I welcome any and all comments,questions or statements!

Everything is neon blue! I think they messed you up!!!

:801:

Looks great! That first one really clicks for me, I love it is every way! :)

Best of luck on the recovery. This procedure is unfortunately in my future as well. I like the first shot, well up to your usual standards. On the second one, it may just be my tablet, but the skin tone seems wrong.

Best of luck on the recovery. This procedure is unfortunately in my future as well.
Uhm, I wouldn't say unfortunately! I can see without glasses like I was able to 20 years ago. It's absolutely amazing. I'm typing this and able to function without the use of corrective lenses (well other than the implants). It's a downright miracle of modern medical technology.

:)

The reason for unfortunately is my wife needs it worse than I, but chemo treatments put it on hold for the rest of the year, and I can't risk us both being down. In the meantime my coke bottle glasses will suffice.

My wife had one done two years ago, then had the problem where the new lens gets a growth (the lens sheath grows around the new lens?) ... the growth was blasted off by laser a few weeks ago and all is fine again. Apparently that's quite common. She tends to be a bit of a hypochondriac (too many health web sites) and wears blue ray filter glasses most of the time, specially when she's on the computer.

As for me, I need need driving specs and reading specs, no cataracts. I used to have vision good enough to be a pilot.

#1 is good
#2 is good, too. Maybe it's picking up some yellow tone from the surroundings but it's not excessive and I probably wouldn't have noticed if Smoke665 hadn't mentioned it.... but then again I AM due for new reading specs! ;)

If you got the multifocal lens replacements like I did about six years ago here in Colombia you won't need glasses for near or far. Read a newspaper or go bird watching...no glasses. Mine are German made. I don't know what's available in the states.

#2 she's standing in the last rays of sunshine for the day, a golden sunset

Probably my tablet, but the skin tones in #1 even picking up some of the blue look more appealing than #2.

We found out when scheduling the wife that the cost to provide any "improvements" in vision were not covered under Medicare, and consequently were not covered under our supplements. The extra out of pocket was pretty significant if we chose to do ithat.

#2 she's standing in the last rays of sunshine for the day, a golden sunset

Probably my tablet, but the skin tones in #1 even picking up some of the blue look more appealing than #2.

Two very differing locations, time of day and type of lighting. The first one is with a strobe, the second natural.

Most reactions

Back