A couple new image transfers-color infrared

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a couple of samples of Polaroid image transfers from my Kodak EIR film negatives. I like using film strips instead of slides sometimes, for a different effect. I used Polapan Pro 100 4x5 sheet film for these, projected from my Daylab.

These were taken in Las Vegas at the "Little New York" area.

I call this one "Gothic City" :lol:

584-GothicCityEIRIT.jpg

The Statue of Liberty:

584-StatueofLibertyEIRIT.jpg

I think Las Vegas should only be presented in a surreal kind of fashion, and these color infrared negatives looked good to me for this purpose. ;)

Thanks for looking!

Ok, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tired to think of words so I'll just have to use smillies. Sorry.

:cokespit: :drool: :cheer: :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
Ooh terri brings us life again! These are great, I like the negative effect, especially in the statue of liberty!

Hmm I might start trolling through to see if I have any good negatives to put in the slide printer.I have been uninspired to do much of anything since the print exchange.

That nyny roller coaster is crazy man!

Thanks for the comments! :)

Kara: negatives can be a lot of fun. Kinda tricky with the color film, so look for images with good graphic lines. Just remember you have to like the way the negative looks, because that's what you'll see on the P-film. I tossed out a lot before I got the hang of it. :lol:

Aren't you gonna be snowed in this weekend? ;) I hope you do some; I'd love to see them!

These are great! I really like the lines in the first one. It looks like it's almost an old photography with the Pepsi Cola sign and the way the colors come out. Awesome job!

Thank you! I didn't think of it like that, but you're right! :)

Sending you Good luck vibes, Karalee. :thumbup:

I have some more I'll post over the next few days. Gotta get to scanning.

wow..nice process!

:edit:
...2nd one is too good.. I just spent a considerable amount of time glued to it! :). Perfect timing and solid composition!

I don't know how I missed this? Oh yea...I'm a film idiot...and don't come in here that often :blushing:

Terri, these are great! The lines in #1 are super and catching the roller coaster in #2 makes that one. Of course, I don't have a clue as to how you did it, since you're speaking some foreign language and all...but I love em! Great process :thumbup:

Wow, thanks for the kind words, everyone! :)

Woodsac, it's not a foreign language, promise. ;) Just different equipment and processes. You should drop in here more often, we have a lot of talented alt-freaks here. :D

Mark, I believe what makes these negatives work is that they're color infrared - they have a quality to them I just found irresistable, and had to see what I could do with them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back