A couple of Blue birds

Ted Evans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first one was with a Tamron 150-600 at 600 f/6.3, 1/640 ISO

File116.jpg

The second one was with a Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 at 200 f/8, 1/500 ISO 500.
File365.jpg

Great shots, you have a really nice perch with a nice clean background :icon_thumright:

Perfect perch. IMHO, I would have stopped down to F8 with the 150-600. It would have sharpened it up nicely and the DOF wouldn't change much, so the background would still have a really nice blur. Vice Versa on the second one. The 70-200 is super sharp at F4 and it would have given you a smoother background. Both are very nice though!

Perfect perch. IMHO, I would have stopped down to F8 with the 150-600. It would have sharpened it up nicely and the DOF wouldn't change much, so the background would still have a really nice blur. Vice Versa on the second one. The 70-200 is super sharp at F4 and it would have given you a smoother background. Both are very nice though!

Thanks for the suggestions Kris. I have much to learn and doing a lot of experimenting at present. I was interested in how the 70-200 would do with heavy cropping in comparison to the 150-600 wide open.

Nice, Ted! Funny that we were both shooting bluebirds!

I like #2 the best, more because of the lighting than anything else.

With that D7100, don't be afraid to let the ISO bump up. Even with my D7000, I can go to about ISO 1600 without too much problem, and it's better to use a little higher ISO to get your exposure right in camera, than to use a lower ISO but have to push the exposure in processing.

Nice, Ted! Funny that we were both shooting bluebirds!

I like #2 the best, more because of the lighting than anything else.

With that D7100, don't be afraid to let the ISO bump up. Even with my D7000, I can go to about ISO 1600 without too much problem, and it's better to use a little higher ISO to get your exposure right in camera, than to use a lower ISO but have to push the exposure in processing.

We have seen more Bluebirds this year than the previous 14 years combined that we have been here. BTW, I really enjoyed your blog site, very interesting and some great shots.

Very nice! No bluebirds here, so thanks for the share.

Most reactions

Back