a couple of cloud panos

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Shot these Monday on my way to a class at work. Handheld & in landscape mode because I was running late and shouldn't have stopped at all... :)

the_slot_sm.jpg

[bigger version]

rattlesnake_pano01.jpg

[bigger version]

Very nice,

I like the streak of light in the 2nd one.

Thanks guys. :)

But honestly, it's pretty tough to muck up a sky shot around here. Five minutes later you get something totally different to shoot, so lost shots don't sting very long. ;)

I like both of them, but the second one attracted my attention with its colors... great. :)

Well done, the cloud in #2 pulls you right into the picture, I also like how the mountain is high lighted by the sunshine. Good one.

Nice work Jim!!! Always a pleasure to view yer shots. The yellow on the horizon in the second makes it for me too.

Super shots.

I love sky shots ..... its such a big canvas, as it were, to frame great shots with.

Looks like you have some really big canvas to work with.

-mike

Was it film or digital?

How did you manage to expose the sky AND the ground properly? Curves?

Thanks mike. :)

Doc- it's digital. How? I used the Dr. Brown script to batch process the RAW files. This allows you to open the first file in a pano and apply identical post-processing to all the files in a pano shot.

Then once it's lined up and minor tweaks made to match the individual shots to each other the layers are flattened and curves/saturation etc. applied.

In these two shots I lucked out and all the frames were actually pretty close to start with, so they matched up well. The exposure frame-to-frame and within the frames are fairly close.

It was in the post-processing of the flattened shot that the contrast is boosted to give the expanded dynamic range.

Most reactions

Back