A couple of my first portraits

fl_chic96

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts as to what I could do with these pictures. I took these awhile ago with my Nikon P&S. I did a little bit with the color on the black and white one and all I did was crop the sepia one. I know I have glare and some shadow from the on-camera flash, but I'm not quite sure what to do to get rid of it or even if its possible. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!

419558062_f986576164.jpg

419558061_7602627c45.jpg

There is no way you can get rid of the glare and less even of the shadow line given by on-camera flash. My only suggestion for future portrait sessions with your son is: take them in natural light and don't use the on-camera flash to illuminate the scene at all.
Only exception should be its use as fill-flash when there is otherwise enough light, only would there be some strong shadows in the face.

But on-camera flash as your only light source in portrait photography makes the face become all flat (too direct light), gives unwanted glare in near parts (flash too strong there), a quick loss of light towards the background (if it is farther away) or these very strongly outlined shadows as you can see here on the wall behind your boy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back