Rialto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofglasspipes.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
NewPics1133.jpg

Nice composition on both shots but as a start both would benefit from flash fill - in the first it would bring out the subject, and the 2nd it would bring some detail into the foreground which is too big and dark IMO. Did you shoot in RAW? You if so could try this in GIMP/Photoshop

Alright, Im a beginner so take this lightly, but the first one seems a tad underexposed, the plant isnt really interesting and the moon could be interesting but it isnt focused at all. The plant is also very bland and really doesnt say anything to me. On the upside, the second shot is very nice and the sky is incredible. I dont really have anything to suggest except maybe the foreground could be lighter. Nice shot you got there.

P.S. You can post all your photos in one post by using FLICKR or Photobucket. Just read the stickied thread they have here.

I love the bright colours of the second pic. I might crop out the tree to the right, and three quarters of the black ground, therefore making the pic mostly sky with a small amount of darkness at the bottom identifying the skyline.

The best part of the pic, aside from the amazing color in the sky is the fact that you can see the sky reflecting of a trampoline, its very subtle, (btw there are no software altrations to either photo)

I actually think the exposure in #1 is okay. The moon isn't blown out and you pick up detail in the plant. But I kept scrolling down looking for the rest of the image. The frame and composition is really awkard. The way it just abruptly cuts off the plant I honestly thought the image was only halfway loaded.

In a single image you aren't going to have both the moon and the near plant in sharp focus. You had to pick one or the other and you chose the plant. It could be interesting if were recomposed so the plant doesn't look cut off and the clutter to viewer right is cropped out, perhaps with the flower silhouetted against a focused moon? Just a thought.

Most reactions

Back