A couple of pets

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by dab_20, Feb 19, 2007.

1. dab_20

dab_20 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Just a couple pictures of my dog and cat. I realize I could've made the picture of my dog a bit brighter... critique welcomed.

1.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    actually that cat needs to be brighter and needs a WB check. the dog picture is kind of gross.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi dab, welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Nice pets.
    The cat is a bit dark, that is the one that would need some brightening. But I also find this crop too close. At least the eyes should have been open at the time. A pity that they aren't ... and I mostly feel that the triangle ears of a cat are essential to a cat portrait. (My opinion).

Focus on your little dog is not perfect, I feel it needs to be on the eyes in close-ups like this, not on the nose. Though I do see you went for his licking his nose and for the pink tongue. But I really long to see the eyes in focus, too, so maybe a smaller aperture could have helped.

4. dab_20

dab_20 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for your opinions. Yeah, I think I would've liked picture #2 better if I had focused in on her eyes. In #1, I had a lot of junk in the background, so I cropped into his face a lot more. Thanks for the comments!