A couple of photos...

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by John Orrell, Dec 15, 2004.

1. John Orrell

John Orrell TPF Noob!

The Land of 365-day Winters:North West England :(
    ...taken with my "new" (to me) Oly 35SP last weekend on Konica slide film. I was really pleased with the results, especially as I was rattling off frames really just to get through a film to see how the camera performed.

This is my youngest niece's 5-month old daughter, Caitlin. The background's a bit of a distraction, but babies don't pose and sometimes you just gotta go with what you're offered:

[​IMG]

This was taken at my local beach. The left-hand-corner is quite dark on my Studioworks 775N CRT monitor, even though the slide wasn't so dark. Bizarrely, the photo looks okay on my Fujitsu laptop's LCD monitor, other than having a slight blue cast, which many Fujitsu laptop-screens seem to have (dunno why):

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah well, John, if I were you, I'd be happy with the outcome of these two photos, too.
    Well, yes, I agree with the distracting background, but in fact, when I was still reading your comment, I thought it would be worse. Your niece's expression is so that her mum will like this one forever!

3. John Orrell

John Orrell TPF Noob!

The Land of 365-day Winters:North West England :(
    Thanks LaFoto.

Regarding the baby-photo, I'm going to print it out 10x8, put it in a nice frame and give it to my niece and her husband as part of their Christmas present from me. Coincidentally, they were complaining the same day I took that shot that they don't have any good photos of their baby, so that's one at least!

Regarding the rocks shot, I did quite a few photos on the beach that day, and I may well 'dive in with the wolves' and submit my favourite one in the Critique forum in the next day or two.