A couple pictures, ended up in 500 bucks!!!!!!

burnws6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was hired to shoot a runway show this past week. While there, I had time to look around and just hang until everything started.

There was a company serving some hour d'ouvres (spelling?) and I took some shots of it to just kill some time and having something to shoot.

Anyways, later on after they cleaned up, and after the actual runway show itself, I got a chance to talk to the owner of the cuisine that was serving at the event. Turns out they're a new local company and I asked for a card.

Later that night, I schemed my evil plan. I sent them the pictures I took that afternoon saying that they could use them and to consider my email a release for them to do so. They were only 3, and they were blah. Only thing that made them interesting is the DOF. Anyways, they sent me an email yesterday interested in getting some still shots for their website.

Long story short, agreed price of 500 bucks for 12 different items they serve. 1-2 hour photo shoot. And I plan on using a basic lighting set up.

Moral of the story: Always take extra pictures lol, and promote your work every way possible. You never know.

Here are the pics:

DSC_0033copy.jpg

DSC_0031copy.jpg

DSC_0029copy.jpg

Oh and thanks to Big Mike for the runway help. It was my first "paid" runway, so I was doubting the techniques I was going to use. Thanks to his advice, I pulled off some decent photos and two of them are getting published in the local paper.

So internet high five for you mr. moderator :boogie:

Might need a 1/2 to 1 stop more depth of field. Otherwise i like the lighting

I agree on the dof but otherwise I really like the lighting and colors. Congrats dude :) What was the f-stop that you used?

Oh and thanks to Big Mike for the runway help. It was my first "paid" runway, so I was doubting the techniques I was going to use. Thanks to his advice, I pulled off some decent photos and two of them are getting published in the local paper.

So internet high five for you mr. moderator
I missed this before. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Might need a 1/2 to 1 stop more depth of field. Otherwise i like the lighting

Exactly what I was going to say. A little more depth of field, but the pictures are pretty nice. The lighting is fantastic.

Generally, it's a real bad idea to self promote or hand out biz cards at events you were hired at. There must be a clause in the contract against that. If every photog at weddings were to hand out biz cards it would be madness. You are there to work, not look for work. So be careful not to be thrown outta there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back