KaleyEs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C please!

dougportrait.jpg

dougoneeye.jpg

I think you may be on to something with the tighter framer and it appears that you were trying to get a somewhat ominous 'feel' to the image, however, these are quite plainly underexposed. The lack of detail (or abudance of shadow) in and around his eye completely looses the punch. Any others that were better exposed?

unfortunately no... the lighting was really bad and i could only do so much on the computer. but i was going for more of a dark image anyway. thanks for the comments

Camera: Nikon D40 Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40) Aperture: f/5.6 Focal Length: 105 mm ISO Speed: 200 Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Orientation: Horizontal (normal) X-Resolution: 300 dpi Y-Resolution: 300 dpi Software: Ver.1.00 Date and Time: 2007:08:10 09:02:24 Exposure Program: Shutter priority Date and Time (Original): 2007:08:10 09:02:24 Date and Time (Digitized): 2007:08:10 09:02:24 Compressed Bits per Pixel: 4 bits Maximum Lens Aperture: 49/10 Metering Mode: Pattern Sub-Second Time: 40 Sub-Second Time (Original): 40 Sub-Second Time (Digitized): 40 Color Space: sRGB Sensing Method: One-chip colour area sensor Digital Zoom Ratio: 1/1 Focal Length In 35mm Film: 157 Contrast: Soft Image Width: 800 pixels Image Height: 532 pixels

Goood stuff... okay, not certain if you want this or not, but you coudl have easily avoided the underexposure by bumping the ISO speed up to 400 or even 800 (grainy, but.. it will fit the mood) (I believe 200 is the lowest on Nikon?) and shooting in manual, in turn perhaps bringing your shutter speed up to 1/60. Hopefully that helps some

ahh no color!

the portraits are so cold and... I dunno, empty, it needs to be lighter so we can connect with his eyes, as that is usually what captures the viewers attention with a close-up.

Goood stuff... okay, not certain if you want this or not, but you coudl have easily avoided the underexposure by bumping the ISO speed up to 400 or even 800 (grainy, but.. it will fit the mood) (I believe 200 is the lowest on Nikon?) and shooting in manual, in turn perhaps bringing your shutter speed up to 1/60. Hopefully that helps some

that definitely helps! i'm still learning and the ISO is something i ALWAYS forget about! it would seem obvious but i just forget its an option.

thanks for the input!

Most reactions

Back