A Couple Q's...

Freddie0288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I wamted to know what is the best lense to buy after I get bored of the stock 18-55 mm on my Nikon D40??
I shoot cars, portraits of family & friends ,and scenery...
Is Sigma better than Tamron??
I saw the ProMaster 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 for like $80 buck on Amazon..any good??

Lastly ,what is the best photoshop program to buy on the market for cheap??
Say $150??

Thanks alot guys, I seen some great things in this forum, so keep it up!

:lmao:

I love my 18-105mm f/3.5. I got it for $250 on Amazon. I don't even need my 18-55mm anymore. (I have a D60).

Can't help you on the Nikon stuff and I never heard of "ProMaster" lenses.

You can try the free photo editing program called Gimp. I used Photoshop myself, so I've never actually tried it.

As for lenses, I'd save up and get a quality one. As for PS software, I have Photoshop Elements version 8.0 and LOVE IT! It's 100 bucks.

What are the rules on torrenting in this forum? i really need to find the rules..

edit: seems like there are not too many rules..

A great walk around lens is the 18-200. If your not doing any commercial work, it's great, gives you a decent wide angle along with a telephoto.

If your interested in taking photos in more of a low light, the 35 f1.8 is a great choice, along with any f2.8 lens

As for lenses, I'd save up and get a quality one. As for PS software, I have Photoshop Elements version 8.0 and LOVE IT! It's 100 bucks.

Sounds good.. thanks..can this be bought at Best Buy or a retail store??
Or is it just an online buy?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions guys...just wanted to know from the people who now a thing or two about a thing or two ...:lol:

Sounds good.. thanks..can this be bought at Best Buy or a retail store??
Or is it just an online buy?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions guys...just wanted to know from the people who now a thing or two about a thing or two ...:lol:

The only way to learn about something is research and ask questions right? No one is born knowing. Ya you should be able to pick up the program at your local best buy Here is a link to it at best buy. Hope that helped
TJ

also check paint.net, its not as in depth as GIMP...but its way easier to use

I would recommend the Nikon 35MM f/1.8. For around $200, it allows you to shoot in low light, and would work well for landscapes, cars, and portraits. It has really great optical qualities for the price, and it will auto focus on your camera.

-Andy

Well I'm a canon man, but most of the major manufacturers make glass for both kinds.

I *love* my Sigma 18-200 OS. The Optical Stabilization is *FANTASTIC*. I took a picture at 200mm across the room (normally lit without flash) at 400iso and 1/4". You couldn't tell that it was handheld. That's *incredibly* impressive. I have a pretty steady hand (1/20 is usually completely fine for me in a normally lit environment) but 1/4" is incredible (I wish I would have saved the picture and my stuff is packed up for a trip tomorrow).

Granted, this lens is probably more than you're willing to spend, but Sigma also makes a 28-300mm lens (without stabilization) that is much cheaper (I think around $250?).

As for a PS alternative: Get GIMP. I use PS, but it's because I do a *ton* of different stuff with it (mostly drawing but I also use it for PP on my camera shots) and I got a massive discount while in college (and my alumni account works with upgrades). Gimp is pretty much PS for everybody else (since PS is *way* too overpriced for normal people).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back