A Couple Residential Shots

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm fleshing out my residential portfolio. Here are a couple from today...

C&C welcome as always.

==1==
Concord%20Residential%20Props%20-%20Shoot%202%20-%20006.jpg

==2==
Concord%20Residential%20Props%20-%20Shoot%202%20-%20007.jpg

These are really, really good! My only suggestion would be to bump up the exposure in some of the heavier shadows, just to even it out some more.

Also, I like this "logo" much better than what I've seen on some of your photos. It's clean and simple, and definitely clear (I don't know how long you have been using this one, but I am referring to the "large" Copperplate font logotype.)

These are really, really good! My only suggestion would be to bump up the exposure in some of the heavier shadows, just to even it out some more.

Yeah, those shadows were bothering me too. That area is pretty heavily wooded. I'll play with it again and see what I can come up with... I was trying to avoid pushing it too much and winding up with it looking weird. :)

Also, I like this "logo" much better than what I've seen on some of your photos. It's clean and simple, and definitely clear (I don't know how long you have been using this one, but I am referring to the "large" Copperplate font logotype.)

heheh, thanks. My graphic designer (part of my web team that built my website) has been howling at me for eons over my copperplate usage and demanded that I promise to use this logo he designed going forward. I'll have to forward your comment to him. It will make his day. :lol:

I can hear it now...

"SEEE!?!?! SEEE!?!?!? I TOLD YOU!!!!"

:lol:

Thanks very much for the comments. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm noticing something, and it may just be my untrained eye, but the second photograph (blue house) almost looks like two houses joined in the center.

I agree with the comment about raising the exposure in the shadows. Have you considered using very lightly processed HDR?

I have to disagree on lighting the shadows. The main focus is the house. Even though the details aren't quite as exposed as what you would usually want, they kind of frame the house. I feel if you lightened them up a stop it would start to detract from the house. The lighting works, and I like the logo as well. I think the pics are great the way they are!

Hmm, maybe not dodge the shadows in post. I think they could benefit from shooting at a different time of day, closer to dawn (east facing) or dusk (west facing). A little softer light, and you wouldn't get the clipping in the highlights as in the second photo. It might be worth taking the same shots again just to see the difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back